Leave it or push it further? CPU and GPU OC

Associate

I think the CPU won’t push any more as it wouldn’t stop the Prime95 test when I pressed stop it sort of froze up, the GPU might go further? , I already have threads asking questions about over clocking them but that was on how to go about it, this is more of a general question and show off of the overclocks , feedback is much appreciated

Soldato
If your enjoying overclocking then just experiment, keep trying to get it higher staying within the limits of your cooling. Once you've found you limits then i would reduce it a little for day to day use, for example my cards will clock to 1540mhz but for normal use i leave them at 1500mhz, some games might run perfectly at your max overclock for 10 hours then crash losing your save or getting you killed etc. Same for CPU also, just tone it down maybe 100mhz for you max.

I used to be tinkering with my overclocks before wow raids and i would think ive found a stable overclock but then during a vital part of a boss fight i would crash, ofc i would just blame my internet so they didnt all get mad at me :D

Associate
OP
If your enjoying overclocking then just experiment, keep trying to get it higher staying within the limits of your cooling. Once you've found you limits then i would reduce it a little for day to day use, for example my cards will clock to 1540mhz but for normal use i leave them at 1500mhz, some games might run perfectly at your max overclock for 10 hours then crash losing your save or getting you killed etc. Same for CPU also, just tone it down maybe 100mhz for you max.

I used to be tinkering with my overclocks before wow raids and i would think ive found a stable overclock but then during a vital part of a boss fight i would crash, ofc i would just blame my internet so they didnt all get mad at me :D
Thanks man, and ouchhh that must have hurt , I have one last question which is to do with VRAM, I just benchmarked Far cry 5 and it says 2671/1977, soo its past its limit on VRAM but its still running? can this damage the card or something?

Back
Top Bottom