1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leaving a job and holiday?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Socaddict, 10 Jul 2006.

1. Socaddict

Wise Guy

Basically, I have been working for my gap year as the office junior for a firm of solicitors, and will be leaving at the end of september to study Physics at Bristol uni. Work require me to give them one months notice before I leave, so how best to do this?

Additionally, I have will have built up around two and a half weeks holiday before I leave, and I want to take this at the end of september, so i basically have a nice long time off work, but still paid. So, would I need to give my notice a month before this, or a month before i technically leave? Also, although they ask for one months notice, can I give them more?

This is has been my first job, hence my queries. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. AS_Platinum

Wise Guy

give them your 1 months notice as soon as possible with your leave date, then book your holiday to coincide with this.

3. Chris1712

Sgarrista

I Would book the holiday first, then have your notice coincide with the last day of your holiday.

4. Vonhelmet

Caporegime

I've just done this. Give your notice, then book your holiday running up to the final day of employment.

5. The_KiD

PermaBanned

Why ask this on forums?

Seriously you work for a company, each company has their own rules and regulations.

Go to talk to the HR department ffs, they will answer all your questions.

good greif!

6. Andelusion

Capodecina

OT: Isn't the OP's sig too long?