Left Foot Breaking

Associate
merlin said:
:confused: Nope, I'm not getting that at all.

Plse explain about the balancing effect.

Ok, as you approach the speed bump, left foot brake and keep the throttle at the same level until you're at the peak off the bump. Release your left foot and accelerate with your right off the peak. Takes some practise but I've found it to be the smoothest (and fastest) way to go over speed bumps - and there's 1000's of the **** things here!

Oh, and it only really works on the bumps going completely across the roads too.

Soldato
I tried it once - wanted to gently break but just about did an emergancy stop. You don't have any feeling in your left foot!

You can learn though. As for using it when you start driving it's probably easier as you aren't used to it - I wouldn't get into the habit though

Soldato
Simon said:
Its only really needed to keep on the power without accelerating, handy for a laggy turbo track car as it keeps it on boost.
You'll notice Sabine doing it for just that reason when she took the Transit round the ring.

Associate
I never use it on the road, but use it a lot on the track. it helps as i can move the weight of the car over the front wheels on a high speed corner.

anyone has been to bruntingthorpe will know the slight kink in the second longest straight. with left foot braking i could take it at just over 100mph, when i lifted off i could only manage 85mph.. (heavy rain when i was there)

Back
Top Bottom