Left meat in car

Soldato
I bought 1kg chicken legs, 1kg chicken drumsticks and Tesco reduced fat pork sausages yesterday afternoon and forgot to take them from the car until midday today. All sealed packages but do you think they'd be ok? I usually freeze them.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
What did it cost, like £6?

Trust me, you'd be happy to spend £6 to avoid that potential horror that will occur if consumed, I definitely wouldn't risk it in these temperatures.

Soldato
OP
Ok thanks guys. The chicken does pong so I've binned them.

The sausages however smell perfectly fine, almost odourless and what odour there is is just the same as fresh. What do you think, keep?

Associate
Not worth the risk. Just because the sausages don't pong doesn't mean they haven't already started going off. If the chicken already reeks, it's obviously been plenty hot enough for bacteria etc to breed and decay to start.

For the sake of a bad bout of gastro I really wouldn't chance it.

Soldato
Sausages would be safer as they have a high salt conent and a large proportion of UK bangers have nitrates in them. Not conductive to bacterial growth. I kept sausages in my DoE back pack for three days marching round the Welsh countryside and ate them waiting for the coach home with no harm.

But as said above, not worth the risk.

Caporegime
Sausages would be safer as they have a high salt conent and a large proportion of UK bangers have nitrates in them. Not conductive to bacterial growth. I kept sausages in my DoE back pack for three days marching round the Welsh countryside and ate them waiting for the coach home with no harm.

But as said above, not worth the risk.

Presumably that's when they're cooked..

Back
Top Bottom