Left mouse click

Soldato
How long do you expect your mice to work for? Ours seem to have got progressively shorter life spans, every one with the same problem; the left button wears out. I thought it was the computer playing up but it's happened again and the left click on this mouse is now very unreliable.

I think our first one lasted well over a year and that was a standard one supplied with the computer. The replacement after the left click on that one failed probably lasted around a year and this current one can't be more than a few months old and it's already pretty unuseable. It gets used pretty continuously and for quake 3, but should last longer I think?

I tried replacing the switch in the old one for the right switch from the previous mouse, but I think I destroyed the optical sensor doing it, they are very delicate. Don't want to get used to a new mouse already, so will try that again nonetheless. Otherwise, it may be G5 time ;) :D

Permabanned
Unless your forking out over £40 for a mouse, anything between a year and 2 years I feel is reasonable.. A lot of logitech mice have 3-5 year warranties AFAIK.. Does that include wear on the buttons?

Soldato
OP
Very well, all the mice were under £40, this current one was £25 AFAIK, and is a laser one apparently popular in japan. It's a bit sensitive but were used to it now. This is definately under a year old though (8 months I think), so its a bit annoying.

Soldato
My old Logitec Mouseman Optical has lasted me 5 years!... and I use it for AutoCAD, which is very Left (and Right) click intensive!... and its still going strong!...

Was £40 5 years ago though!...

Soldato
I have an old Compaq mouse from about 8 years ago, it sees regular use and still works fine. :D

Infact, I can't recall ever having a broken/faulty mouse, they seem to be the only part of a computer that works perfectly for me.

Soldato
OP
Cal_G, thats an interesting point, quite often those cheap mice seem to last better. Like I say, our standard supplied one lasted longest and this new, and most expensive one, has lasted the least. I think my brother is a bit aggresive with it, but he always has been :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom