Legal EPO, anyone tried it?

Soldato
I'm late at usual, 10 years late. Just catching up on the Lance Armstrong saga and see one of the drugs they took was EPO but I also see there is a legal? version of the drug, EPO boost or something. Has anyone tried it or any other drugs/substances for that matter?

Man of Honour
Like most other legal supplements named after or very similar to banned PEDs it'll be at best 1% as effective as actual EPO but more likely just really good at emptying your wallet.

Soldato
OP
If I started taking say creatine, EPO boost and a protein shake 5 times a week for 6 months I should see some decent improvements in my cycling?

It is ok to mix supplements like this I assume?

I think I might try it, really not much the lose AFAICS. Start training for some triathlons next year. This good weather has brought the sportsman out in me again.

Soldato
OP
For cyclists, use creatine, beta alanine (with taurine) and citrulline malate.

And hit the gym.

I did the weights for a bit when around 20, used to work in a sports center. I just found it boring after a while. I'll see, maybe work on shoulders a bit.

Soldato
Just keep training, don't worry about PEDs. Protein and the usual sports supplements, sure. Not sure there's a need for creatine, it causes muscle cells to hold water, which equals more weight. It would probably be useful for track cycling, where you need that extra force production for short periods.

Man of Honour
I did the weights for a bit when around 20, used to work in a sports center. I just found it boring after a while. I'll see, maybe work on shoulders a bit.

You miss the point. A very easy way to make gains on long distance anything is to get stronger... and not just shoulders.

Train your legs and your core.

Soldato
OP
Just keep training, don't worry about PEDs. Protein and the usual sports supplements, sure. Not sure there's a need for creatine, it causes muscle cells to hold water, which equals more weight. It would probably be useful for track cycling, where you need that extra force production for short periods.

So what are protein shakes are they the same as whey powder?

I may try a few just to see. Tempting.

Man of Honour
Yes protein shakes/whey are the same thing generally, some protein shakes include different bits and bobs or different protein sources but at the end of the day they're just food nothing magic. You won't get any magic boost from them that you wouldn't get from a bit of extra chicken a day.

Soldato
I use creatine through the winter when I'm strength training and doing intervals, sprints and high intensity stuff. Then in spring as the gym load drops and the cycling/running mileage increases I stop the creatine and lose a couple of Kgs in weeks. Just water though I reckon. Still retain the power.

Back
Top Bottom