Lenovo Yoga 510

Associate
So recently i bought the lenovo yoga 510 with these specs
AMD A9-9410
RADEON R5
2.90 GHz
8 GB RAM

do you think i will be able to run fortnite on low specs?
what about black ops 3?
and approximately what fps do you think i will get?
If i can't run those do you think i will be able to run CAD?

Thanks for the help!

Soldato
maybe on low at a much lower res in possibly window mode you might just about play it, but you do just have a straight up dual core and the R5 isnt the strongest on paper, i would rule out BO3 completely. depending on what CAD you use then it should do okay in that,

to put in to prospective of Fortnite. ive just started playing it on pc and at 1366x768 on epic settings in windowed fullscreen i get 55-60fps and in fullscreen i get no more than 60 as thats the cap, but did drop to 35 for a split second with the odd times in between 35-45, but mostly running mid 55-60. my system is a desktop and is whats in my sig.

Associate
OP
Mini itx Build - i3 540, GB Ga-H55N-usb3, 8gb xms3 1333mhz, 32gb ssd
evga 1050ti sc, evga 550w gold, coolermaster elite 110..

I dont know how this compares to my laptop...
is it better or on par?

Soldato
you have a dual core and just that, i have a dual core with hyperthreading, its obviously much older tech, but it acts like a quad when required albeit a weak on, you dual core is much newer, but because its amd and is a laptop processor it has a lower tdp resulting lower clock speeds meaning low performance, they may run older less demanding games, just not aimed at game full stop.

any laptop with a mid range 700/800m will play games better even if still not on high.

Associate
OP
i get 25 fps average but sometimes it goes to 30 in game, havent really seen big drops yet. seems playable.
But now i have a problem, when i sprint i can move and change direction but when i am walking i have to keep stopping and look to the direction i want and then walk and then if i want to change i have to look in the right direction again.... it gets annoying..
works in sprint but not walking..
anyone know why? how would i fix this

Soldato
i get 25 fps average but sometimes it goes to 30 in game, havent really seen big drops yet. seems playable.
But now i have a problem, when i sprint i can move and change direction but when i am walking i have to keep stopping and look to the direction i want and then walk and then if i want to change i have to look in the right direction again.... it gets annoying..
works in sprint but not walking..
anyone know why? how would i fix this

Normally you use the W A D keys to move and the mouse to rotate and shoot if it’s a shooters game, this is the norm for any game, but I think maybe for fortnite it is the opposite to Pubg where as Pubg started on the pc, but think fortnite started on console? I didn’t take notice much when I played the other day.

If it’s an issue beyond that then maybe it’s something to do with your settings? I never checked mine, I just adjusted the graphics and off I went.

Back
Top Bottom