1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lens returning help

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by webmonkeyuk, 19 Jan 2006.

1. webmonkeyuk

Wise Guy

Ive emailed sigma about the lock button on my 80-400 as its become slack and is suffering from lens creap when im walking about, only had it 7months so it will be done by warrenty but i was wondering how i go about sending it off as ive never done this before, do i need to get a padded box from the post office and insure it?

2. JET_PILOT

Gangster

I'd recommend getting a padded box of some description.

Also send it via Royal Mail Special Delivery, probably the easiest for something that size, plus it covers items up to a value of £1000 if you so wish.

Sigma address and phone number here http://www.sigma-imaging-uk.com/contact.htm

3. TRiP

Hitman

first step would be to contact the shop you bought it from as they would normally arrange it for you. if its a grey import,you should contact sigma uk before doing anything, they will tell you what to do and probably send you prepaid postage for it too.

4. webmonkeyuk

Wise Guy

Got it from warehouseexpress, but i just thought they will only send it to sigma so i contacted them, got a fast reply from sigma just saying they can do it for me and send it to there address in "Herts"

Thanx for the help guys