Leon Cupra Vs Leon Cupra R

Soldato
Those comparison pictures above dont really show the differece that well because the cupra poasted is black so you cant see the god awful bump strips, personally i think the cupra is a wowefull lookgin car (in standard guise) considering its spec level on paper, all that distinguishes it between the base model is the uprated wheels, expecially on the older ones that had them horrible multispoke affairs on them. Everytime i see one i have to comprehend why anyone would buy one and keep it standard cosmetically.

Associate
schnipps said:
expecially on the older ones that had them horrible multispoke affairs on them. Everytime i see one i have to comprehend why anyone would buy one and keep it standard cosmetically.

I agree. I just found out I'm probably getting a £1k bonus at work in a couple of months so I know where that's going. Bye bye ugly alloys. :D

Associate
i have an r and my mate has the cupra,they are totally different at least to drive.
i can promise you that bodykit and alloys and an extra 45 bhp are not the only differences, i have brembo brakes, awesome suspension, although it is a wee bit hard for my liking. and lots more than his standard cupra.

Caporegime
toy_soldier said:
What do you mean by raw?

Cheers

The whole car just has more of a feel of urgency about it, and its altogether much more of a drivers car than the Cupra. You feel more through the steering/suspension, and in general is just a more involving drive.

Man of Honour
paradigm said:
The whole car just has more of a feel of urgency about it, and its altogether much more of a drivers car than the Cupra. You feel more through the steering/suspension, and in general is just a more involving drive.

It may be more of a drivers car than the Cupra, but it's still not great. it's a shame it's still far too soft suspension and steering-wise...

With decent aftermarket suspension it finally starts to work though.

Associate
Dolph said:
It may be more of a drivers car than the Cupra, but it's still not great. it's a shame it's still far too soft suspension and steering-wise...

With decent aftermarket suspension it finally starts to work though.

I remember seeing a 5th gear shootout between the Focus RS, Civic Type R, and the Leon Cupra R. The LCR was understeering all over the place and got killed on the track. Tiff did say it was definitely the nicest for driving on the road though.

Man of Honour
Kazzan said:
I remember seeing a 5th gear shootout between the Focus RS, Civic Type R, and the Leon Cupra R. The LCR was understeering all over the place and got killed on the track. Tiff did say it was definitely the nicest for driving on the road though.

That's quite possibly true. The Cupra R, in my experience anyway, sacrifices driver feedback and handling ability for a smoother ride. It all depends what you want.

Having said that, if the Cupra is significantly softer than the R... :eek:

Back
Top Bottom