Let them sort it out themselves.

Man of Honour
Al Vallario said:

2. Nuclear weapons. A war waged in the Middle East wouldn't be confined to that particular area; long-range missiles and nuclear weapons mean we are very much in the firing line too

They son't have any long range missiles there.

Hell, they are strugling to fire missiles that reach 50kms into Israel!

Soldato
Jumpingmedic said:
I'm sorry, but i'm sick of our country being caught in the middle of his crap. We have a good country. They have a CRAP country. End of.
You can't think of it in "them and us" terms. Globalisation has connected everyone together; their fate and ours are intertwined. A major Arab-Israel war would be a disaster for the UK as well as the countries directly concerned; we are stakeholders in Middle East stability hence our involvement.

Soldato
I am not sure that a war would neccessarily reach the proper outcome. Wars tend to make people less reluctant to fight, its true, and the ME have been working themselves up to a hateful round of fisticuffs for a long time BUT I think reform in the ME would be far mor euseful than anything else.

I don't believe terrorism is a consequence of Israel's existence. I believe it is an ultimate result of inequality within the Islamic world, caused by a lack of legitimate democracy or even a benevolent autocracy. Why inequality? Because many countries in the ME are simply unstable, Palestine being the most unstable. Israel is blamed for this by Islamic Nationalists, but ultimately movements within Palestine are equally if not more responsible the political intability in that country.

What's worrying is that Israel seems to have lost their temper with Hamas, who have been doing a relatively good job until now.

Suspended
You guys are aware that it was the west that carved up that bit of land uber years ago? Also has close ties to the old British Empire and some may argue that we caused it (albeit 100 odd years ago), go and read up on the West Bank history etc etc.

Its not really so cut n dried - personally I'd want the UK to sit this one out and sort of patrol around the edges to make sure it doesnt spill over into WW3. But unfortunately we DO actually bare a lot of responsibility both to the history and to the fact we armed half the countries.

Soldato
Noxis said:
You guys are aware that it was the west that carved up that bit of land uber years ago? Also has close ties to the old British Empire and some may argue that we caused it (albeit 100 odd years ago), go and read up on the West Bank history etc etc.

Yes, do you also realise that the area was in a power vacuum with the collapse of the Ottoman Empire and that the Palestinian Mufti publicly promoted the Nazis and even recruited a regiment for the SS?

It doesn't start with anybody's fault. Every negative action seems to be blamed on the last thing that happened and there is massive trail stretching back to a time where history is fuzzy.

I don't think anyone started it first.

Suspended
cleanbluesky said:
Yes, do you also realise that the area was in a power vacuum with the collapse of the Ottoman Empire and that the Palestinian Mufti publicly promoted the Nazis and even recruited a regiment for the SS?

It doesn't start with anybody's fault. Every negative action seems to be blamed on the last thing that happened and there is massive trail stretching back to a time where history is fuzzy.

I don't think anyone started it first.

Not saying we caused it just saying we have some accountability that politically (even oil considerations aside) we cant sit it out.

Soldato
Imo,

America getting involved in the middle east was never solely about oil, after vietnam and korea they US military funding has been decreasing until they attacked a country with in all honest view posed no immediate threat (Iraq), but now their military spending is up to an all time high, and their forces are probably the best equiped in the world.

Now when they think about going after another big threat like israel or north korea they will have the military presence to brush off most armies in the world atm, as long as they keep the major players happy.

KaHn

Soldato
modo77 said:
You sure about that?

Pretty sure officially its only the big 5 (uk,us,france,russia,china)
And recently india and pakistan.

Israel has had nukes for a while now(i think), a mate of mine did his dissertation for a company there (not even a big one) on missile engines, he wasn't informed what they were for but he was still part of the testing.

KaHn

Permabanned
It would be a disaster
Aljazeera TV is rubbish.

We should wait untill the USA get involved, then we will have warhead cameras, proper IR coverage and unlimited ammo.

:rolleyes:

Associate
Israel and Palestine is a funny one indeed.

The Arabs around Israel would like nothing better but to wipe Israel from the face of the earth. They start the whole bombing Iraeli cities and killing innocent civilians, fully aware that Israel and the IDF will retaliate with full force.

When Israel do, eventually, retaliate; the arabs run off crying to the UN.

In my day, the saying "Don't start something you can't finish" was the rule of warfare.

The Argies tried to take our property from us in '82, we fought them tooth and nail and ultimately spanked them. I'm sure many an argie soldier didn't want to taste bayonet steel, but tough **** for them. They started this, and they will bloody well see it through to the ends.

The arabs in the neighbouring countries to Israel are playing on the 'victim' card. They should be taught: you play with fire, you will get ******* burnt.

All power to Israel - teach them all a bloody lesson. The whole mess - Hamas et all - don't seem to understand/care... if you kill Israeli civilians, they will retailiate.

If Iran attacked UK or the US, you'd be damn sure we would retaliate, full force. Arab terrorists attack Israel, and suddenly it's "bad" for them to defend themselves?

Last edited:
Soldato
Noxis said:
Not saying we caused it just saying we have some accountability that politically (even oil considerations aside) we cant sit it out.

The result of any intervention is great if the intervention goes great. If it goes wrong, it will recieve all the blame

Back
Top Bottom