LG 27GN950

Associate
Yeah they seem to be going quick, I missed out last week when they had stock as wanted to wait on the Nvidia announcement first. Maybe ask them in chat when they expect stock again and just get up early like I did today. I got an email notifying me of stock last week but didn't get anything today. Their website is absolutely awful and I even had problems with my gmail email address to make payment.

Overclockers should really try to get some of these, i'm sure they'd sell quick.

Associate
The only place in the UK you can get it. That spicy PC store. Would have got from Overclockers if they stocked it. I asked the online chat last week and they said they expected stock today. Got up early and managed to get one.

What time did you have to get up to check the website?
So I know to check everyday... Otherwise I might have to end up getting the EVE Spectrum

Associate
I got up at 7.30 this morning and luckily there was stock. The time before they sent an email saying that had stock but didn't update the site until an hour or so later, that was around 1ish. As I say ask in the online chat when they expect stock it. No point in wasting your time getting up early.

Associate
Nice one mate ! Glad you managed to finally get one. Mines is coming today apparently but out in the sticks so will see what happens, DPD is normally pretty good tho.

Diplodcus how are you liking it ?

What GPU are you thinking ? I'm on the fench over smashing my overdraft and getting the 3090 or just getting a 3080. Thinking a 3080ti will come out later so would be cheaper to sell 3080 and upgrade to 3080ti in the long run. It looks like a 3080 should manage 4k at 60fps hopefully.

Last edited:
Associate
Nice one mate ! Glad you managed to finally get one. Mines is coming today apparently but out in the sticks so will see what happens, DPD is normally pretty good tho.

Diplodcus how are you liking it ?

What GPU are you thinking ? I'm on the fench over smashing my overdraft and getting the 3090 or just getting a 3080. Thinking a 3080ti will come out later so would be cheaper to sell 3080 and upgrade to 3080ti in the long run. It looks like a 3080 should manage 4k at 60fps hopefully.

Love it. Moved my trusty 27UK650 to the garage so that's finally been put to bed :D I'm currently thinking 3080. I'd quite like a 3090 but I can't fit it in my case, and I'm not going to change cases just to fit one in as I love the size of the NCASE M1. I will however be waiting for the benchmarks to come out from both sides in case AMD pull something out the bag (currently have a 5700XT which I've had zero problems with).

Associate
Finally came back in stock and ordered the LG this morning...

I must say thank you that you posted this - I managed to nab one in the window of availability yesterday... WOW!

Shout out to @Diplodocus too for his seasoned opinion - I was also ready to dive risk it on the LG 48CX until now. Between your post and a couple of video and text reviews, I was sold.

I've been a Dell 2407 user since 2006 and have always wanted to upgrade my monitor again after the initial amazing upgrade to that panel. Over the years (2008+) I've been on-and-off ready to pull the trigger on so many monitors but always convincing myself that my trusty Dell 2407 was fine. However, now having this on my desk and having everything I do feel so crisp and clear I am happy to report the upgrade was well worth it.

This is the first time I've read next to nothing on a product and then been blown away with the price-performance value.

On my Dell, I always wondered if I needed glasses as there was a slight blur around objects but overall it was still a step-up from older panels - now I know I clearly do not as everything is razor-sharp with colours that are accurate and pop.

Can't wait to download some BF4 and find out what I've been missing all these years! :) If I can get 50:1 KDR on my ageing Dell then (as marketing would love to convince us) I should be God-like at the end of the month with this and my RTX 3090, right?

I've got a lovely, uniform panel, no visible BLB (not that I know what I'm looking for coming from the Dell's VA) and it's all just so...juicy! Not a fan of the colour red, especially gamer accents but the red trim here is fine, it's basically invisible during use.

Pictures from my Pixel 2 can't do it justice.

dSZVhTD.jpg
MpKg7Ir.jpg
MFC5vIV.jpg
YSgBAN0.gif
(I wouldn't even post these but everything I do on this monitor is so good I just gotta do stuff)

Anyways - back to lurking for another decade, eh...

Associate
OP
Keep missing out on this one. Was waiting for any sort of release for months. Just seen it posted on OcUk for same price as (Takeaway) retailer

Associate
My order was cancelled, been charged and everything.
But got a dispatch note:-
"Some or all of the items on the attached document have become unavailable, and will now not be delivered as expected."

Moral of story never order anything from PC *****

Back
Top Bottom