LG 27GP850-B

Associate
I dont think it will be. I think the msrp is $500 - i think i heard in one or two reviews. I generally take that as £500 as thats sort of the price of say the MSI 274qrf-qd of equal performance. The problem with that price is youre getting close to the 240hz models prices and its a harder price to sell. I think the 32" model is cheap on preorder, possibly slight discount from ocuk side

Caporegime
I dont think it will be. I think the msrp is $500 - i think i heard in one or two reviews. I generally take that as £500 as thats sort of the price of say the MSI 274qrf-qd of equal performance. The problem with that price is youre getting close to the 240hz models prices and its a harder price to sell. I think the 32" model is cheap on preorder, possibly slight discount from ocuk side
OcUK have listed the 32" model at £499, and the $RRP for that is $599.

It's extremely unlikely that the 27" will be priced the same as the 32". Possible, but not likely.

As usual this is in stock on usa website but nothing in the uk…….
It's been available in the US for weeks, possibly months :(

Associate

It's extremely unlikely that the 27" will be priced the same as the 32". Possible, but not likely.

I know mate sucks so bad got the cash waiting , dropping from a 49” 4k. Sick of having neck ache at less than 80cm :) . Was going to get the 27 4k but I think 1440 will be better at this size

any LG reps on here?

Associate

Still think ocuk are doing a slight preorder discount.. will see. On reddit somebody said they spoke to OcUK about their 32" preorder and they thought it would be mid july release. Thats a long wait.. seems lg are dropping the ball massively in UK

Caporegime
Mid-July? Yikes.

Can't see it for sale in the EU either, so it's not just the UK, unless my Google-fu is weak.

e: A couple places in the EU but none with any stock.

Soldato
Techspot review in case anyone hasn't seen it. All seems positive from what I can tell with my limit monitor knowledge. For a layman like me I'd probably set it to "normal" overdrive mode and clamp the colour to factory sRGB and see how that goes. :)

LG 27GP850 Review: Faster, Clearer, Better | TechSpot

EDIT: "The new monitor is scheduled to go on sale in the coming weeks in most regions. LG provided us with the display ahead of release, but we've tested a final retail model that’s ready to go." I wonder if that includes the UK...?

Associate
Optimum tech and hardware unboxed on youtube also review it well. Just need to find a release date or some kind of preorder. Seems to be nowhere. Im waiting on this over any other model. Was tempted by the aorus fi27q-x till i read its bgr layout :(

Associate
Been using a lenovo y27q-20 which has the same panel as the gl850. Feel like its hard to find the gl850 for a non-inflated price so its nice to see a refresh coming soon

Caporegime
Techspot review in case anyone hasn't seen it. All seems positive from what I can tell with my limit monitor knowledge. For a layman like me I'd probably set it to "normal" overdrive mode and clamp the colour to factory sRGB and see how that goes. :)

LG 27GP850 Review: Faster, Clearer, Better | TechSpot

EDIT: "The new monitor is scheduled to go on sale in the coming weeks in most regions. LG provided us with the display ahead of release, but we've tested a final retail model that’s ready to go." I wonder if that includes the UK...?
Just a quick FYI - the Techspot reviews are the HWU reviews (as linked by OP) in written format rather than the YT vid.

But it's the same content :) Word for word.

Soldato
Interesting screen, it trades overshoot for response time, not sure if I like that tradeoff, it gains extra peak brightness, and also back light strobing. Dont think I have ever seen back light strobing with naked eye so dont know how valuable that is. Finally the extra refresh rate I assume means now the hdmi port can do 120hz with VRR enabled, making this great for both PS5 and Xbox now.
Dont like the new OSD design, its too themed for military gamers.

What I do know is I like my 27GL850, so based on that then this is probably a good screen.

This probably explains why the 27GL850 suddenly became hard to get earlier this year, they were probably manufacturing this.

Caporegime
Interesting screen, it trades overshoot for response time, not sure if I like that tradeoff, it gains extra peak brightness, and also back light strobing. Dont think I have ever seen back light strobing with naked eye so dont know how valuable that is. Finally the extra refresh rate I assume means now the hdmi port can do 120hz with VRR enabled, making this great for both PS5 and Xbox now.
Dont like the new OSD design, its too themed for military gamers.

What I do know is I like my 27GL850, so based on that then this is probably a good screen.

This probably explains why the 27GL850 suddenly became hard to get earlier this year, they were probably manufacturing this.
It's HDMI 2.0 so it'll be 4k60 (downscaled to 1440p/60). You won't get 120hz on this one. You might (game dependent) be able to get 1080p/120 upscaled to 1440p (which most people think looks bad).

e: Sorry for PS5 (since I know we're both after one) :p XSX supports native 1440p. I somewhat doubt Sony will ever support 1440p native :(

Last edited:
Soldato
I have a ps5 now, and personally dont care for 120hz on there, but I assumed with the higher refresh rate it would now be able to do hdmi at 120 (albeit at 1080p on ps5 and 1440p on xbox as only hdmi 2.0).

I dont think sony will add 1440p.

Caporegime
I have a ps5 now, and personally dont care for 120hz on there, but I assumed with the higher refresh rate it would now be able to do hdmi at 120 (albeit at 1080p on ps5 and 1440p on xbox as only hdmi 2.0).

I dont think sony will add 1440p.
As far as I understand it, the default is to always produce a 4K image (not necessarily rendering at 4K), and then downscale to 1080p if that's your native screen size (or chosen resolution). You're not likely to hit 100+ FPS in that scenario, but when the image being sent over HDMI is 1080p then yes, you could hit 120Hz.

On a game-by-game basis, there may be the option of a "Performance Mode" which produces a 1080p image (doesn't need downscaling). You could well hit 120Hz then, due to the lower demands of the console not trying to produce a 4K image.

Finally, if your chosen output res is 4K (including on a 1440p monitor which handles the downscaling itself), then HDMI is transmitting a 4K signal, and you're limited to 60Hz with HDMI 2.0.

It's not only the refresh rate of the monitor that determines. It's the output res, the HDMI version, and potentially other things like bit-rate depending on scenario.

Soldato
On my ps4 pro I think it affects rendering resolution providing super sampling is disabled, if I play ff7 remake in 1080p mode, the fan barely turns on, if I put the console in 4k mode, it becomes quite noisy. No idea on the ps5 though.

Also in 1080p mode on the ps4 pro you can turn on supersampling which pretty much does what you describe, its an option (it was off for me), the option is not available in 4k mode presumably as doing 4k and supersampling isnt viable. Next time I turn on the ps5 I am going to see if that has the same option.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom