LG 32LX2R 32" HD LCD

Soldato
Finally got around to setting the 360 up with the LG today and wow! its connected via component which produces an extremely vibrant and sharp image,a little tweaking was required to tone the colour down a tad but otherwise no problems.

In the resolution options within the 360's menu the selectable res's are 480p,780p and 1080i,I've experimented with all 3 and 1080i looks the best to me ,as I understand it 1080i is a res of 1920x1080,not quite sure how the LG is managing this res as it has a max resolution of 1366x768,I'm assuming its downscaling the image to its optimum resolution?

Well whatever it's doing it looks great,PGR suddenly becomes even more addictive,first console I've owned for years tbh being a bit of a pc stalwart but when combined with this tv the quality of image produced is definitely up there with my 6800Ultra and A64 system.

Soldato
smit101 said:
In the resolution options within the 360's menu the selectable res's are 480p,780p and 1080i,I've experimented with all 3 and 1080i looks the best to me ,as I understand it 1080i is a res of 1920x1080,not quite sure how the LG is managing this res as it has a max resolution of 1366x768,I'm assuming its downscaling the image to its optimum resolution?

I use 720p myself as I read that progressive scanning is better for motion than the interlaced scanning that 1080i uses. How much truth there is in that I don't know. Just use whichever you prefer. Glad you like it mate! :)

Associate
Mine has been delivered :D

DSCF0283.JPG

I am hoping to get it connected to my 6800LE this evening, shall try and post some images of M$ Windows desktop then.

ManC

Soldato
OP
Well mine has shown up and i have it working in DVI (PC) mode however i can't access the extra stuff i should be able too. Such as the XGA support in the screen menu, it's blanked out like when i have tv selected. Have i hooked it up wrong as it's supposed to be available once i'm using dvi ?

Edit : It's almost like it's not connecting properly to the tv so it displays but doesn't give me an of the options i should have?

On the plus side, no dead pixels :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Windle said:
Well mine has shown up and i have it working in DVI (PC) mode however i can't access the extra stuff i should be able too. Such as the XGA support in the screen menu, it's blanked out like when i have tv selected. Have i hooked it up wrong as it's supposed to be available once i'm using dvi ?

Edit : It's almost like it's not connecting properly to the tv so it displays but doesn't give me an of the options i should have?

What video card do have mate? Sounds like you have something up in your video card drivers to me. Play around with the options and see if you can get it going. If your video card supports 1366x768 then as far as I am aware you should be able to change the LG to match it. Though to be honest i'm no expert on this issue as I just plugged mine in and it worked perfectly, XGA menu and all, I never needed to fiddle. :p

To be honest it isn't really a big deal though. I use mine at 1360x768 since the manual recommends it. I honestly cannot notice the 1mm you lose each side. :)

Soldato
Windle said:

Mine is the same when using a dvi-dvi cable, but if I use the vga output from the graphics card and a vga adapter on the dvi port then the Xga option in the Tv menu becomes available.I wouldn't worry about it tbh as it's easy enough to set the resolution with the gpu driver.

I think its related to the nature of digital and analogue signals,analogue always seems to activate extra tweakable options within flat panel display menus.

Soldato
MMMMMmmmmm 26LX2R goodness..

Probably going to get mine towards the end of the month..

There were rumours of one with inbuilt digital tuner.. anything more found on this?

All i can pray is mine has no dead pixels.. and likes my pc..

Soldato
OP
As i'm posting on this right now i can confirm this is super sweet, watching Demolition Man in the PiP :D PC display is crystal clear, SD is as expected poo especially since i live in a flat and have a shared aerial and my tv picture was poo anyway but it's not as bad as i was expecting.

Soldato
Nice screen....

For the record dont set your 360 to 1080i
Its only their as a compatibility option for some older TVs that accepted 1080i and not 720p.

Remember the games are based on 720p resolution and having Progressive image on fast moving material will always be superior than the interlaced alternative. The advantage of 1080i is meant to have is the extra resolution can offer more detail but as most current HDTVs are 1366x768 the benifit is very minor over 720p video.

* The only benifit the 1080i mode may offer is if your using the MCE functions and streaming HDTV 1080i material from a MCE computer/laptop. This way the X360 is outputting the source material as recorded, which may look better with some displays than always running 720p output, worth a go if your into HDTV TS files.

Example:
720p Video > X360 @ 720p output
1080i Video > X360 @ 1080i output

My weekly HDTV CSI 1080i updates look great streaming off my laptop - X360 - Projector.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh regarding 1:1 dont worry too much.
Keep saying it but personally i only think its a bonus on text applications.
Once you use any other input the display will scale & overscan no matter if its 480p 540p 720p 1080i video material.

Youll find running a PC and using the "UNDERSCAN" option allows you to create a custom resolution with "NO" overscan. ATI software isnt as good as NVIDIAs from my last experience of this but ive used it with great success an no problems with scaling artifacts.

Remember if a HDTV can scale a 1920x1080i image or standard def material with decent results why would it be such a problem/issue scaling a PC image approx 10% to stretch to the displays native.

*Were/How did you test HDCP playback, you guys seem confident the firmware is sorted, assume nothing unless its been confirmed which firmware revision rectifies any problems

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Pics as promised, crap camera but you get the idea. Makes the picture look a lot worse than it is!

Watching a Film
tv16af.jpg

Overclockers
tv27iq.jpg

TV
tv31yl.jpg

Keeping an eye on Deal or No Deal
tv43zi.jpg

Back
Top Bottom