LG 38GL950G - 3840x1600/G-Sync/144Hz

Associate
I am guessing it a price promotion. This is An older panel then the new GN.

the b grade is always expensive. I don’t mind buying b grade if it’s cheap enough to justify.

the other theory is the Samsung G9 and G7 although a troubled launch is cheaper then the lg38 and high end gamers are flocking to it.

at there rrp there was no contest I would choose the g9 for £200 to £400 cheaper

Caporegime
I am guessing it a price promotion. This is An older panel then the new GN.

the b grade is always expensive. I don’t mind buying b grade if it’s cheap enough to justify.

the other theory is the Samsung G9 and G7 although a troubled launch is cheaper then the lg38 and high end gamers are flocking to it.

at there rrp there was no contest I would choose the g9 for £200 to £400 cheaper

The trick with B grade is that its always based on the list price when it was originally sold but if a monitor is on offer at any time, drop them a webnote and they then drop the price of the B grade.

Thats how I ended up with my B grade Benq 4k screen for £350. It had always been a £700 screen but was on offer one month for £600 so got the B grade price dropped. :)

Associate
Are mini-led monitors on the horizon? This is such a tempting buy, at a reasonable price, but I could hold out a year or 2 for something with decent HDR, but this ticks a lot of boxes.

Associate
The trick with B grade is that its always based on the list price when it was originally sold but if a monitor is on offer at any time, drop them a webnote and they then drop the price of the B grade.

Thats how I ended up with my B grade Benq 4k screen for £350. It had always been a £700 screen but was on offer one month for £600 so got the B grade price dropped. :)

Oh very nice

Caporegime
Are mini-led monitors on the horizon? This is such a tempting buy, at a reasonable price, but I could hold out a year or 2 for something with decent HDR, but this ticks a lot of boxes.

They are but they are silly expensive (or the first screens out this year are, you wont get any change from £3k and maybe not even £4k)

Associate
They are but they are silly expensive (or the first screens out this year are, you wont get any change from £3k and maybe not even £4k)
I'm very interested in seeing reviews, i've only read about the tech. a couple of times, but not a real prospect of a purchaise at that price range, particularly with the economy. Hopefully in a few years.

Associate
Is the Fan noise on this model present on all of them or is it just some? Just working out if it is worth trying or not...

Just to make it clearer in why I need to know - I have a choice between this model or the 38GN (but that comes from Spain) - both are the same price.

Last edited:
Associate
yeah i'm not playing this fan lottery for nearly 2000 euro a spin anymore. my only hope is alienware. i hope they take this panel and make a silent solution. sticking to my AW3418DW for the time being.

Associate
yeah i'm not playing this fan lottery for nearly 2000 euro a spin anymore. my only hope is alienware. i hope they take this panel and make a silent solution. sticking to my AW3418DW for the time being.
its very easy the 38gn950 is faster in pixel reponse and has less inputlag and no fan and the gsync competible is just as good. 160hz max which is fine. that 175 was with chroma sub sampling lol.
a dutch review website has just done the measurements.

Associate
its very easy the 38gn950 is faster in pixel reponse and has less inputlag and no fan and the gsync competible is just as good. 160hz max which is fine. that 175 was with chroma sub sampling lol.
a dutch review website has just done the measurements.

monitor without a gsync moduel just doesn't cut it for me. here's the issue:

right now i have a 38WN95C behind me in a box, which is going back to the eshop.

i have tested it for about 4 hours. the gsync compatibility works without a hitch, there's no tearing. however, the performance is smooth only in fullscreen mode. as soon as the game (Black Desert Onilne in my case) gets put into "fullscreen windowed", it becomes something i can only describe as "choppy". the perceived smoothness just isn't there. on my AW3418DW, it's is buttery smooth regardless of the fullscreen mode. for me personally, fullscreen windowed is absolutely crucial to have working just the same as normal fullscreen. i've tested 2 "gsync compatible" screens so far (including the 38WN) and both exhibited the same perfomance. at this point, i'm chalking this up to the absence of the gsync module.

so i can either play the lottery, or stick to my current screen, sadly.

like i said, the gsync compatibility works as far as tearing goes, it just isn't as smooth in fullscreen windowed. bummer.

Back
Top Bottom