LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Soldato
Netflix UHD/HDR works fine on the Windows app - does require HDR to turned on in Windows and all connected displays need to support HDCP 2.2 as well I believe. For me if I have my old 144Hz 1440p Dell enabled then it's limited to standard HD.

Permabanned
I wouldn't advise watching movies using the PC, use the dedicated apps on the TV
yes thats what i was doing before using plex or the built in LG movie player, just wanted options cause sometimes i can download a file that doesnt work well with the plex or the built in LG movie player, might be not standard codec especially anime from groups, so i have tons of option and also using madvr with media player classic does wonders to picture quality upscaling with out soap opera effects, also in pc and using hdmi mode, all the bells and whistles of the LG oled can be used plus the tons of addon for the pc apps to set up is also plus

dont get me wrong the LG built in app using a media server to stream direct is very very good

but now i notice if you turm off tru motion on the LG built it app or plex, its judder is the same as the 2080ti so i tought it was normal due to the very fast respose rate of the oleds
but as i change the GPU thats the first thing i notice, it was smooth i tought i turn tru motion on but then it wasnt doing the soap opera, check the settings tru motion was off, so the 3090 might be doing something to the video

i was just suprise that the judder of the 2080ti and the new 3090 was day and night i dont know if it is a driver or the card itself or the hdmi 2.1 but it was a huge improvement

Last edited:
Permabanned
and also i do believe different people will notice judder less or more, im on the few unlucky ones that has very sentitive eye with judder its a bummer, i remember when watching movies with 3D, that i cant take the judder and ghosting especially on fast actions or fight scenes and my friends dont notice it, i can see the frames skipping and they dont notice it , well maybe something wrong with my eye thats but , ive read also thats normal some are more sensitive and some not

Associate
How good are Costco? Just noticed that the 55BX we bought last week for £949 is now down to £917. Went on the website and filled in the Price Adjustment online form and submitted a request for the difference.

So easy.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
How good are Costco?

3 month return period best I know of, most others are 30 day period. Gives you more confidence in case something breaks down after 1 month. They are also doing the 10% discount while John lewis and Richer sounds not bothered this time round.

I put downloaded 4K movies off an external HD. Works pretty well.

Give plex app a go, its available free on the LG and biggest advantage of plex is HDR will always work properly and more importantly it plays back any video format with sound correctly.

Windows 10 with HDR playback is hit and miss and so is off the usb or hdd, these are out dated methods really.

Associate
Let us know how the RMA service goes with them if you don't mind.

Cheers.

I called them and told them what was wrong with the TV, they arranged for it to be collected the next day. Van arrived 8:30 in the morning and they took it. They give you a tracking number so you can check progress on their website. Was supposed to be back the following week but it said they had to order some parts in so would be delayed a bit. They also text you with an update each time too. Then got a text yesterday saying it was done and would be delivered today. Just received the TV back with a report card on the back. Says the issued was caused by a faulty mainboard. But also says they found damage to the OLED screen which is interesting. They replaced both the mainboard and the whole OLED screen.

Took 11 days total from reporting it to receiving the TV back.

When it was gone I was using my old 27" monitor, which is a decent size for a monitor but seemed like i was using a phone screen, just seemed so tiny lol. Makes you realise how great this TV is.

Permabanned
so far its working for me, i shutdown pc and the cx also turn off, when pc goes into standby it turns off, then coming out of standby it turns on, when turning on the pc it will also turn the oled on after windows is loaded and the colorcontrol loads

Soldato
Thinking of buying the 55 inch CX next month when I've got the money after my 40th.

Currently using a 46 inch 1080p 3D Samsung that I got 10 yrs ago. So in need of an upgrade. Hoping the prices stay decent till then.

Back
Top Bottom