LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Permabanned
found a another one, this one works better

https://github.com/JPersson77/LGTVCompanion

LGTV Companion
Overview
This application (UI and service) controls LG WebOS TVs and displays.

This application aim to:

• provide automatic management for your WebOS display, to shut off and turn on in reponse to to the PC shutting down, rebooting, entering low power modes as well as and when user is afk (idle).
  • provide the user with a command line tool to turn displays on or off.

Soldato
anyone else not getting OLED usage stats in Support/ TV INFO section?

(not as if this entry is there, just not working - the entry itself isnt there , everything else like S No, Model No, Mac Address is there just no panel usage entry at all).

Got another OTA update this morning (03.21.18) and also did a complete factory reset (even more of a pain because of all the apps I now have to re-sign into hahaha)

Hoped that would fix it - but still nothing

Wondering if Ive got a bit of a strange model - OLED48CX6LB
WebOS 5.2.1-290906

I believe the LB refers to the type of stand? but not sure what the 6 relates to

Ico

Ico

Associate
hi all
received tv today finally hanged it on the wall looks good. I have trouble to make it work with pc with rtx 3080. I set tv into game mode then edited hdmi input to pc. In NV control panel tv is recognised like LG TV SSCR. NVCP showing resolution 4k and only 30Hz max. 60Hz also only 8bit color.
Im using 8k cable 0.5m from China. Any ideas whats wrong please

Permabanned
hi all
received tv today finally hanged it on the wall looks good. I have trouble to make it work with pc with rtx 3080. I set tv into game mode then edited hdmi input to pc. In NV control panel tv is recognised like LG TV SSCR. NVCP showing resolution 4k and only 30Hz max. 60Hz also only 8bit color.
Im using 8k cable 0.5m from China. Any ideas whats wrong please

try first turning on setting - HDMI ultra HD deep color, instant game response and amd freesync premium

then is NVCP use the pc resolution not the ULtra HD, HD, SD

if nothing works try diff 2.1 cable, im also using cheapo 2.1 hdmi from china 3meters 4 types different brands all working fine

Ico

Ico

Associate
thanks guys very much all great now. I was following yt guide theres wasnt info about these first steps settings i thought the cable isnt good. If you have more pointers for beginner it will be much appreciated

R3X

R3X

Soldato
anyone else not getting OLED usage stats in Support/ TV INFO section?

(not as if this entry is there, just not working - the entry itself isnt there , everything else like S No, Model No, Mac Address is there just no panel usage entry at all).

Only US customers get the panel hours usage info, brits get nothing as usual.

You can use an LG service remote off amazon or flebay for 7-8 quid to do the LG hidden access menu to get that service mode and other tweaks, but only advisable if you know what you are doing.

Associate
Hello boys, i wanted to buy an Lg Cx 48 for my Xbox Series X but not sure if i should pull the trigger or wait? It would be 1433€ but they include 5 years warranty extra.
also it that burn in stuff really that bad that tv would pretty much run daily 12 hours at least if not more. Gaming,netflix mainly.Any help would be superb

I use my OLED 55CX 12 hours a day with mixed content PC games, & streaming services, also internet, in the pass OLED TV's had burn-in problems before C9/CX range, some PC games UI can be customizes now days so you will be fine, don't listen to the YouTube sensationalism club you will end up buying nothing. Back in 2016 The Korea Times reported that LG OLED TVs claimed had a lifespan of over 100,000 hours (11 years of constant use) But no one knows today how long a OLED TV would last because there haven't been update yet! From LG. Some websites claimed 30/40,000 hours confused buyers even more;)

Couldn't imagine why anyone would want to run a a TV for 12 hours at a time in the first place though to be honest

12 hours is normal for some people. Like me, an OLED don't need to be covered up in corner of a room in fear of a burn-out panel if you want the LG OLED to last 27 years run it 3 hours a day:p

It's called Red Tape:)

Last edited:
Caporegime
found a another one, this one works better

https://github.com/JPersson77/LGTVCompanion

LGTV Companion
Overview
This application (UI and service) controls LG WebOS TVs and displays.

This application aim to:

• provide automatic management for your WebOS display, to shut off and turn on in reponse to to the PC shutting down, rebooting, entering low power modes as well as and when user is afk (idle).
  • provide the user with a command line tool to turn displays on or off.

Thanks man, will try this later!

R3X

R3X

Soldato
03.21.18 New firmware out

Adds a Fine tune dark areas option under picture and additional settings, meant to help with VRR, gaming and black issue I heard.

Soldato

You can use an LG service remote off amazon or flebay for 7-8 quid to do the LG hidden access menu to get that service mode and other tweaks, but only advisable if you know what you are doing.
Cheers for that

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Is there any difference between the CX and C1 48"? Seen it's on pre-order at RS for 1299. Although it's a little big for me I'm tempted at that price.

We don't have any real decent C1 reviews but some of its coming out over youtube and in the AV community, so far not really any major changes, the new processor in the C1 is meant to be a bit better with motion performance (smoothness) and the Ai pro slightly better picture quality. You may not even use thse features though. New web os and remote also chucked in.

Lots are assuming the C1 is not worth the upgrade over the CX, but given the the C1 prices are pretty decent and not that much off from the discounted CX
(I think roughly £100) if you are buying for a TV to last you 3-5 years maybe it makes sense to have the latest.

Something to bare in mind this fall we should get the 42" OLED and 31" OLED screens, these may appeal more if you are prefer the smaller screens.

Soldato
We don't have any real decent C1 reviews but some of its coming out over youtube and in the AV community, so far not really any major changes, the new processor in the C1 is meant to be a bit better with motion performance (smoothness) and the Ai pro slightly better picture quality. You may not even use thse features though. New web os and remote also chucked in.

Lots are assuming the C1 is not worth the upgrade over the CX, but given the the C1 prices are pretty decent and not that much off from the discounted CX
(I think roughly £100) if you are buying for a TV to last you 3-5 years maybe it makes sense to have the latest.

Something to bare in mind this fall we should get the 42" OLED and 31" OLED screens, these may appeal more if you are prefer the smaller screens.

Thanks, yes I've been holding out for the 42" but getting the twitch to buy one now.

Soldato
Is there any difference between the CX and C1 48"? Seen it's on pre-order at RS for 1299. Although it's a little big for me I'm tempted at that price.
That's a better price than I was expecting but still expensive of course. I'm not sure there are any significant differences between the C1 and CX beyond a few small refinements.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Thanks, yes I've been holding out for the 42" but getting the twitch to buy one now.

The 42" is the one I think most are holding out for, 48" is ok and doable but like many have said if the 42" existed that would be sitting in their rooms right now.

I wish LG released them first but the TV market is 55" and above for higher end TVs.

Back
Top Bottom