LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Associate
Measuring from just in front of me to the monitor, it's 98cm. 90cm deep desk.

If your desk is not that deep, you could wall mount the monitor and pull your desk out slightly.

Maybe got 50 cm on mine. Have fitted furniture in the office room. Figure wall mounting is the way to go but it will be a lot higher.

Hmm maybe I could get a better office chair with side support for keyboard and mouse.

Associate
Associate
FYI Reddit is saying these TV's have an issue where they currently cant do chroma subsampling 4:4:4 at 4K 120hz and that they (currently) only do 4:2:2 unless you drop to 60 hz. Now word on whether LG is aware or working on solution. Maybe not an issue if using *just* for gaming, but if you are using as a monitor replacement be warned.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/iwc996/the_lg_oled_cx_is_not_working_properly_with_a_rtx/

Ouch that is rough and completely distroys the CX as a PC monitor proposition until it's fixed.

R3X

R3X

Soldato

4:4:4 = Highest quality or Full Colour
4:2:2 = Good/OK quality or Half the Colour of 4:4:4

I think that is the jist of it at least, correct me if I am wrong.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Thx for the explanation fir the 4:2:2.
Gsync module does not work either right ?
Seems problems too with 3080 and g9...black screen at 240hz

I think that reddit guy did re-edit his post he added under Edit: section this:
"G-Sync seem to work again when going back to an older driver version with RTX 2000 or older series"

So looks like it's just a Nvidia driver bug which is why gsync is not working.

Bleeding edge tech = bugs, but in hindsight LG imo has the best firmware support, they seem to roll out more firmwares than the rest.

Soldato
That's nonsense; any idiot knows that 120fps isn't the target, that's why the TV has VRR.
switched off when he was calling out Vincent :rolleyes:

That's enough for me. I'm waiting till 2021. The whole 40gpps etc and issues I'm reading from a variation of sites is enough for me to steer clear of the new LG.
That video it a load of misinformation.

GSync issue = driver, Nvidia to sort ( raise a ticket: https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4681/ )
Chroma issue = fw update needed by LG
40Gbps is a non-issue and within the spec of 10bit you only need more when 12bit

R3X

R3X

Soldato
1rdfsz.jpg

Associate
The abuse aimed at LG is amusing in those threads.
A TV with less than 1% of sales expected from PC gamers requires a firmware update to support 4:4:4 @ 4k 120hz. I'm sure LG are losing sleep over this.

I'll likely purchase if/when they fix it tho.

Associate
The abuse aimed at LG is amusing in those threads.
A TV with less than 1% of sales expected from PC gamers requires a firmware update to support 4:4:4 @ 4k 120hz. I'm sure LG are losing sleep over this.

I'll likely purchase if/when they fix it tho.

It its fixed I might purchase. I'll Probably just wait for next gen probably hit q1-q2 2021.

Back
Top Bottom