LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Associate
Just got this TV yesterday. using it as a monitor. Just double checking... I have my PC connected to the TV, then the eARC to my Q90r soundbar. Dolby atmos is set up on PC. "Sound out" is set to HDMI ARC. I have eARC selected and "Digital sound out" set to Pass through. But in "HDMI Input Audio Format" do i select PCM or Bitstream for the HDMI slot my pc is connected to?

Soldato
Well after 4 months of waiting it's finally arrived. I was unable to order from Currys.

B8HtB5z.jpg

It's very big and very shiny.
Looking good. And thanks for posting - I was literally just about to trawl through the thread looking for photos of the CX being used in a two monitor set-up. The way you have yours is what I had in mind myself, but with the smaller monitor (27" in your case?) on a monitor arm that would allow me pull it in front of the CX for more general PC usage i.e. office work etc.

Soldato
Looking good. And thanks for posting - I was literally just about to trawl through the thread looking for photos of the CX being used in a two monitor set-up. The way you have yours is what I had in mind myself, but with the smaller monitor (27" in your case?) on a monitor arm that would allow me pull it in front of the CX for more general PC usage i.e. office work etc.

Yes that's a 27" on an arm. I did try it with a vertical orientation because it matched the height of the 48 almost perfectly, but it was too restricting. Oh and it's an 80cm desk.

Associate
I have gone to a shop today and pkaced in front if the screen. Picture quality is really really good, but it is too big for me and decided not to take it. I do not have enough distanxe with my desk setup to use it as a monitor.

Associate
Yes, it's meant to be pretty soon from the vids I've watched.
Can't decide whether to buy the 48" or 55" today. I have a 49" on the wall which it's going to replace and going smaller makes me feel sick inside!

Associate
Ended up buying the 48" this morning - I think 55" woulda been too big sitting so close to it. To give you a feel for how far away I am, I'll be sitting on my office chair, legs straight out and its 3-4 inches from the TV.

Soldato
Do these TVs stocked anywhere but Currys still have the silver border around the screen or has that been done away with? I'd like to purchase from John Lewis to get the burn-in warranty, but not if i have to have a silver trim around the screen as i'm really not a fan.

Associate
My c8 does not have a silver trim around the edge, and I believe the c9 and cx versions are the same.

Also, you can check out richersounds too.

Last edited:

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Do these TVs stocked anywhere but Currys still have the silver border around the screen or has that been done away with? I'd like to purchase from John Lewis to get the burn-in warranty, but not if i have to have a silver trim around the screen as i'm really not a fan.

The ones from JL are black border around the screen, its literally like a 1mm lip. You have to call D&G direct after delivery to add the protect plus @ 140 quid after delivery, JL still not added it on the website also they ran out of the free earphones' promo but worth a try adding the promo code if you are buying, you may get lucky and bag those 99 quid earphones.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Well after 4 months of waiting it's finally arrived. I was unable to order from Currys.

B8HtB5z.jpg

It's very big and very shiny.

Very clean and nice set up got similar with 27" on the left and LG on the right and 80cm deep desk, almost identical looking accept your one looks cooler haha.

I thought I had waited the longest on this thread 4 months is a killer, I think I waited almost 3 months for JL to get stock of it but it was well worth the wait and plus I can get the burn in warranty purely for peace of mind!

R3X

R3X

Soldato
I have gone to a shop today and pkaced in front if the screen. Picture quality is really really good, but it is too big for me and decided not to take it. I do not have enough distanxe with my desk setup to use it as a monitor.

It may be worth trying a few adjustments, my room is a tiny box room, if you can get 80cm deep desk or even deeper say 100-110cm deep. I find 1 metre to 1.5-metre distance between yourself and TV tends to be the sweet spot if you're in a closed space.

One other big change I made was wall mounting the TV to the wall, it sounds daft and pointless but I ditched my LG stand and saved 20cm or 8inches of space so now my LG is sitting flush against the wall and it makes the entire difference in the world, suddenly the TV actually looks small.

Obviously 40" or 43" would have been awesome, but 48" is not that much off just 5-6 inches more on the right and 2" roughly above.

And is it worth waiting for a smaller oled that may never frankly appear ?

Back
Top Bottom