LG c9 OLED

Soldato
I've honestly been very impressed by the built-in speakers, so much so that I find myself not needing to turn on my av-receiver as much for regular TV, now just reserved for movies and gaming.

I've never used the built in speakers, but I prefer using my AVR for all audio anyway. I use a harmony remote so the AVR comes on all the time anyway.

Soldato
I've honestly been very impressed by the built-in speakers, so much so that I find myself not needing to turn on my av-receiver as much for regular TV, now just reserved for movies and gaming.

Who turns their AV receiver on seperately nowadays ??? :D

I use a harmony remote so the AVR comes on all the time anyway.

I use my BT TV remote and the Denon comes on all the time anyway ;)

Think I'm having some buyers remorse with this TV, I didn't really know that these TV's weren't compatible with 30fps console gaming, the judder is just insane bad, even for movies the motion handling handling is pretty poor compared to my old Sammy, I tried getting used to Trumotion but that was causing some artifacting, I'm not sure this tech is mature enough yet, I guess I should have done my research.

Soldato

Maybe I'm getting old then.. Coming from a KURO I was shocked at how bad they were. I knew they wouldn't be great due to the size and plastic cabinet. But buying a sound bar was a must. I also think how its mounted makes a difference. I think the std stand helps direct the sound....

Soldato
All relative I suppose. I think the speakers are garbage, even with stand, others I know are fine with it. I suppose because I have always had a reasonable soundbar or separates that they become my baseline. That said, yes even prior TV's sounded better to me also.

Soldato
Think I'm having some buyers remorse with this TV, I didn't really know that these TV's weren't compatible with 30fps console gaming, the judder is just insane bad, even for movies the motion handling handling is pretty poor compared to my old Sammy, I tried getting used to Trumotion but that was causing some artifacting, I'm not sure this tech is mature enough yet, I guess I should have done my research.

I play consoles at 30fps Xbox, PS4 and Switch and not noticed anything wrong with the motion. Have you got it in game mode with all processing turned off ?

Soldato
All relative I suppose. I think the speakers are garbage, even with stand, others I know are fine with it. I suppose because I have always had a reasonable soundbar or separates that they become my baseline. That said, yes even prior TV's sounded better to me also.

I have a decent soundbar and still think the tv’s speakers are pretty good....

Associate
I play with Switch and also a mate brings his Xbox over for Fifa, and have no issues. Faulty set?

Caporegime
My eyes are quite sensitive to motion and judder issues and I've not noticed anything major on the B7 I had or my newer C9.

As for the speakers on the C9, they aren't really bad like some of the tinny sets you hear but once you use a soundbar with rears or a proper audio setup then it gets blown away but I think that's stating the obvious.

Caporegime
I've never noticed any issues in 30fps games in either my old 65B6 or my year old 65C9

I do notice judder in 24fps movies though sometimes. It's generally when the camera is panning.

A good example the other day was during 'The Incredible Hulk' there is a helicopter shot panning over favelas in Rio for about 10 seconds and it wasn't nice.

Associate
C9 gaming is a breath of fresh air, 21.9 144hz monitor boxed up and in the cupboard. C9 across Console/PC is exceptional good, sound from inbuilt speakers is absolutely decent, no sound bar needed now, C9 is the Best purchase and decision in years. Home cinema room, stripped out reciever/5.1 sound system, now use a good Sound Bar. Less junk.

Soldato
C9 gaming is a breath of fresh air, 21.9 144hz monitor boxed up and in the cupboard. C9 across Console/PC is exceptional good, sound from inbuilt speakers is absolutely decent, no sound bar needed now, C9 is the Best purchase and decision in years. Home cinema room, stripped out reciever/5.1 sound system, now use a good Sound Bar. Less junk.

Sad

Soldato

JackiechanHUH.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom