LG c9 OLED

Soldato
Just to check, have you dismissed the USB media popup? The install guide says to do that then the update popup appears.

I suspect that's the problem, as soon as I plug the USB in, I get the following 3 icons rather then just the banner as per install guide.
m7PgZ0A.jpg

I can dismiss those three, but nothing happens after that. Really off.

Yeah also did full power on and off. I suspect must be a setting somewhere bringing those three icons up rather then just the simple banner as per manual. After dismissing them I can wait 10 mins but does not show a update popup!

Soldato
If its deffo in the LG_DTV folder the only other thing I can think off is a complete power off/un-plug and retry.

Okay, noob in me did not put it into uppercase :o Once I did that, found it and updated TV.

Looks like i need a new cable, seems like mine is on knife edge, 50% of time comes up with no signal, other time does work great, HDR, G-Sync 120hz @ 4k, 10bit 4:4:4 etc

Last edited:
Soldato
Okay, noob in me did not put it into uppercase :o Once I did that, found it and updated TV.

Looks like i need a new cable, seems like mine is on knife edge, 50% of time comes up with no signal, other time does work great, HDR, G-Sync 120hz @ 4k, 10bit 4:4:4 etc

bloody amateur :p

What length do you need? I am using a UGreen 48Gbps 2m and not had any issues.

Soldato
bloody amateur :p

What length do you need? I am using a UGreen 48Gbps 2m and not had any issues.

:p

Using a 5m one. Playing around with it more since then it does work, just seems an odd quirk, when going into windows 50% of the time after passing BIOS it just says no signal. Restart PC via switch up top and next time it goes into windows fine. Messed around with some games at full whack, 4k @ 120hz, HDR 4:4:4 and G-Sync and no hicups at all once I am in, just that initial part which is odd.

Soldato
I've got this issue with my 55 inch c9 that started last night. The WiFi is connected but theres no internet. I've restarted the TV and the router. I'm going to try the 2.4 GHz network instead tonight. No phones have any issues.

Soldato
I feel a bit embarrassed now, I've got a 3d printer and I tried sending something to that which didn't work. I looked at my router and one of the antennas had come loose and was pointing down. Oops.

Soldato
I connected my new gaming PC up to my B9 today and 4k120 HDR with g-sync worked fine, all of the required settings were already selected. This was done using the HDMI cable supplied with the PS5.
Happy days :)

Last edited:
Associate
Well i have had my 55" CX about 4 days, and already my cat has managed to scratch the screen by jumping at it trying to "catch" stuff on the TV

The panel itself seems to be extremely easy to mark and scratch.

Associate
One to add to the many reasons not to own a cat I suppose.

Well my cat had "attacked" the screen on my old LED LG tv quite a bit in the past ( i do try and stop her ) But after 5+ years that TV survived without a mark on it. Looks like their is nothing at all on the front of the panel itself to stop any marks. I understand they are trying to make a statement with how thin the panel is, but it would not of mattered adding 1mm to the thickness for some sort of protection :O

I guess one thing to note is that, it also does it on my LED monitor which also does not have protection on the screen, and that has also not suffered any scratches over the years.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well i have had my 55" CX about 4 days, and already my cat has managed to scratch the screen by jumping at it trying to "catch" stuff on the TV

The panel itself seems to be extremely easy to mark and scratch.

Ouch! :( Not good. I get pee'd off about the hand prints from out daughter but thankfully they clean off and it's quite rare now. I've always been ever so careful to clean it though.

That was the bonus of our old plasma TV, a nice glass front that could be somewhat abused.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
What HDMI 2.1 cable do you guys recommend that is proper certified and guaranteed to work properly? What did you buy and does it work on the consoles and PC at 120hz 4K?

Soldato
What HDMI 2.1 cable do you guys recommend that is proper certified and guaranteed to work properly? What did you buy and does it work on the consoles and PC at 120hz 4K?

I personally use the one on rainforest: Code B08CS8VRC6

Its not certified no, but needed 5m cable and works flawlessly with 3090, and this TV. 4:4:4 subsampling, HDR, 120hz @ 4k, VRR etc. Most other reviews also rate it high.

If you want a certified cable then belkin do one, abit much more money.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I personally use the one on rainforest: Code B08CS8VRC6

Its not certified no, but needed 5m cable and works flawlessly with 3090, and this TV. 4:4:4 subsampling, HDR, 120hz @ 4k, VRR etc. Most other reviews also rate it high.

If you want a certified cable then belkin do one, abit much more money.
Thanks. I only need 2m and that one is £17 and belkin one is about £8 more from what I can see.

Soldato
Thanks. I only need 2m and that one is £17 and belkin one is about £8 more from what I can see.

2M of one I linked is £14.44. Note on Belkin one, need to select the 8k cable option which is one that does 120hz @ 4k. 2m of the belkin 8k / 4k@ 120hz one is £60. I suspect your looking at the the normal belkin 4k @ 60hz one is £24.

Back
Top Bottom