LG c9 OLED

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
2M of one I linked is £14.44. Note on Belkin one, need to select the 8k cable option which is one that does 120hz @ 4k. 2m of the belkin 8k / 4k@ 120hz one is £60. I suspect your looking at the the normal belkin 4k @ 60hz one is £24.
But that cable also says Ultra HD High Speed Premium HDMI Cable and says 48Gbps.

Here the same cable is on the manufacturers website. Not sure if posting manufacturers sites is allowed, if not let me know or a mod please remove, thanks.

Says HDMI 2.1 certified.

Soldato
But that cable also says Ultra HD High Speed Premium HDMI Cable and says 48Gbps.

Here the same cable is on the manufacturers website. Not sure if posting manufacturers sites is allowed, if not let me know or a mod please remove, thanks.

Says HDMI 2.1 certified.

Ah fair enough, on 4k one on rainforest says only:

"Compatibility: HDMI supports 4K HDR (Dolby Vision and HDR 10), transfer speeds of up to 48 Gbps; optimal viewing experience for Apple TV 4K and also compatible with any other HDMI-enabled device" sounded to me talking about HDMI 2.1 in general.

while clicking 8k one says this specifically in title:

"Belkin Ultra HD High Speed HDMI Cable (2018) – 6.6 ft/2 m 4K HDMI Cable, Supports 4K/120 Hz and 8K/60 Hz, Dolby Vision/HDR 10 Compatible, 48 Gbps"

But looking on Belkin site you linked, it has same AV10175bt2M-BLK as what you have on £25 2m 4k cable on Amazon, so should be good.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I am using the UGREEN one, only the 1&3m seem to be available now. Not dropped a beat, comes boxed and the cable was in a little pouch :)
Yeah, they seem to be decent but with so many issues right now regarding these cables I may just pay the little extra and go belkin. I mean they are supposed to be certified. At least then I don't need to wonder if it is the cable or not.

Will wait a while longer as don't need it just yet anyway. It is just to connect my pc to my OLED and finally give it a go. But it would only be for a short while over xmas or something.

May just use a HDMI 2.0 cable that I have. Would gsync work on that but with a smaller 40-60 range?

Soldato
Yeah, they seem to be decent but with so many issues right now regarding these cables I may just pay the little extra and go belkin. I mean they are supposed to be certified. At least then I don't need to wonder if it is the cable or not.

Will wait a while longer as don't need it just yet anyway. It is just to connect my pc to my OLED and finally give it a go. But it would only be for a short while over xmas or something.

May just use a HDMI 2.0 cable that I have. Would gsync work on that but with a smaller 40-60 range?

yes with HDMI 2.0 G-sync compatible would work and you would ideally want to be above 40hz as the VRR Range is 40hz - 120hz with no LFC. Can also do HDMI 2.0 1440p @ 120hz which is a nice option with VRR on the OLED also.

Soldato
Would is not be 40-60 as HDMI 2.0 cannot do 120hz? :)

As in VRR Range on OLED is 40-120hz with no LFC.

With HDMI 2.0 at 4k correct, would be limited to 60hz hence VRR would be 40-60. With HDMI 2.0 can also for 1440p @ 120hz which would also still allow a VRR Range of 40-120 which is what I did prior to Ampere.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
As in VRR Range on OLED is 40-120hz with no LFC.

With HDMI 2.0 at 4k correct, would be limited to 60hz hence VRR would be 40-60. With HDMI 2.0 can also for 1440p @ 120hz which would also still allow a VRR Range of 40-120 which is what I did prior to Ampere.
Thanks. I would be fine with 4K 60hz on this occasion as it will be just for a day or two. Will grab a cable later once I am using more regularly or just use the one that comes with a PS5 once I grab on of those at some point. Thanks for all the help :)

Soldato
Anyone else lost the ability to use Airplay from an iPad or iPhone to the TV recently?

It’s worked fine for a year and now suddenly it’s stopped working .

Soldato
Anyone else lost the ability to use Airplay from an iPad or iPhone to the TV recently?

It’s worked fine for a year and now suddenly it’s stopped working .

Am still working fine on mine, been using it to play videos from Ipad today while working. Using latest firmware on TV.

Soldato
Just noticed some really bad burn in on my C9 after just 6 months.

Looks like its down to playing Fifa, I know burn in is kinda to be expected with these but not this early on.

Soldato
Just noticed some really bad burn in on my C9 after just 6 months.

Looks like its down to playing Fifa, I know burn in is kinda to be expected with these but not this early on.

How many hours on average do you play FIFA for?
Do you have pixel shift etc enabled?

Had mine for just over a year and game between 2-4 hours a day and cannot see any image retention yet.

Please keep this thread updated with what JL say.

Soldato
Actual in game today is less than 3 hours a day, these are clear and obvious bars from being 'in match' (ie its where certain HUD items would be)

This TV also gets used as my work monitor, and there is no sign of any burn in from where the start bar would be or anything like that, which is odd.

Screen shift was enabled, as was the Logo Luminance Adjustment.

I'll see how the Pixel refresh turns out and then if no luck I'll see what JL say, worst case I paid on my credit card and I'm pretty confident the CC provider would side with me about Burn In after 6 months on a £1500 TV.

Back
Top Bottom