LG c9 OLED

Associate
The Amazon Prime Video app had an update which I tried to install. It wouldn't let me launch the app without going though with the update.

I kept getting the cannot install right now try again later error message, so uninstalled it and tried to install. But I keep getting the same error message.

Anyone else have this issue? I can't watch amazon prime now..

Soldato
The Amazon Prime Video app had an update which I tried to install. It wouldn't let me launch the app without going though with the update.

I kept getting the cannot install right now try again later error message, so uninstalled it and tried to install. But I keep getting the same error message.

Yes, same problem here on my b7, glad it's not just me lol. :D

Soldato
So I'm playing dark pictures little hope and noticed how much flickering there is (the game has a lot of scenes with contrasting near black with bright highlights).

now I thought this was a 4k 120hz exclusive issue so I switched to 60hz but it still occurs

many ideas why? Maybe because the gpu is Hdmi 2.1 the tv is by default having issues even if the resolution and refresh fits in the old Hdmi 2.0 spec? So maybe I need to use an old Hdmi 2.0 cable?

Bit late to the party, but i had really bad flickering issues with HDMI 2.1 and my 3080 - turning wifi off on the TV was the fix.....now 4k120 HDR 4:4:4 is absolutely perfect.

Soldato
Bit late to the party, but i had really bad flickering issues with HDMI 2.1 and my 3080 - turning wifi off on the TV was the fix.....now 4k120 HDR 4:4:4 is absolutely perfect.

disabling gsync/vrr fixed it for me, I'm surprised changing wifi settings does anything

Soldato

It's ok as of this morning.:)

Associate
My amazon app update last week NP but b4 that it kept dumping me back to the home screen for a week.

but i do have a weird thing with my lg remote, when i power off it turns my cheap desk led strips to white :D
and ive only had it a year and the ink is coming off the remote already especially the back button

my youtube sometimes buffers (spinny circle/dots) then speeds up like benny hill to catch up

and the freeview record is utter dog poop

apart from that, bloody fantastic tv

Soldato
mine updated to new firmware this mornning

v05.00.30

1) Improved video playback issue in Netflix

2) Software update contains minor bug fix

is all i can see

I'm tempted to hold fire on any updates as it's working perfectly fine as is.

Sod's law an update is only going to break or change something for the worse.

Soldato
I'm tempted to hold fire on any updates as it's working perfectly fine as is.

Sod's law an update is only going to break or change something for the worse.

Indeed this! Keep getting message to move to .30, but right now everything is largely perfect from full eARC chain through TV working perfect. Waiting on the raised black change when in gaming which is one I think I will jump on. Can see they rolled out fix for 2020 models and promised it for 2019 so see when it comes out!

Soldato
Anyone else using it with a PC this TV. To date I have just left the input as HDMI. Realised of course can tweak it so PC shows as PC which disables some features and options I would expect, however I get lots off odd artifacting all over the screen in PC mode. Anyone else see a similar issue or how have you got PC mode set up for a gaming PC?

Using RTX 3090, 120hz @ 4k, HDR 4:4:4 12-bit and G-Sync, so anyone else with similar RTX 3xxx have PC mode working smoothly?

Not a big deal as truth be told with HDMI defult option still feels smooth as butter.

Soldato
Anyone else using it with a PC this TV. To date I have just left the input as HDMI. Realised of course can tweak it so PC shows as PC which disables some features and options I would expect, however I get lots off odd artifacting all over the screen in PC mode. Anyone else see a similar issue or how have you got PC mode set up for a gaming PC?

Using RTX 3090, 120hz @ 4k, HDR 4:4:4 12-bit and G-Sync, so anyone else with similar RTX 3xxx have PC mode working smoothly?

Not a big deal as truth be told with HDMI defult option still feels smooth as butter.
I only have a poverty gtx 1080 so can't help. If you send me your 3090 I'll test it on my c9:D.

Back
Top Bottom