LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Soldato
Quite glad I resisted the discounted prices.

Richer are listing the c1s now and I think £1299 isnt a bad price.

https://www.richersounds.com/tv-projectors/oled-tvs/lg-oled48c14lb.html
Are the new models going to be a sufficient upgrade over the current to warrant the extra cost? I just ordered the 65" CX which is arriving next week and it looks an extra £700 (£1,799 vs £2,499) for the new model based on current prices. I actually paid £1,673 using my 7% Currys discount through work but assuming Currys would sell for the same price as Richer so could get the same discount on the C1.

£700 or 40% more feels like a lot to me given that I would think we're at a place of diminishing returns for TVs, but I haven't bought a top of the range TV ever so I'm not very close to the TV market and would be interested to hear what others are doing.

Associate
So I was sitting there in my living room chair, playing Vermintide 2 at 4k with all eye candy maxed out with a PS5 controller on the OLED when it hit me... I have pretty much reached peak gaming. I mean seriously, you cannot even begin to compare any trash LCD monitor to an OLED screen in terms of image quality.

I was battling ratmen down in underground caverns and it was pitch black in places, yet you could still see the red glow of the enemies eyes as you came towards you in the dark, or the subtle shadows cast by distant torchlight. The black levels are so far superior to gaming on an LCD that it's pretty shocking to experience what you have been missing all this time.

I am running at a super smooth and consistent 4k60 and I can see no blurring or smearing... there is so much eye candy going on that every now and then I just stop and look around marvelling at things. Vermintide 2 was already a good looking game for its age and genre, but on an OLED screen it's like you have enabled some magic hidden settings. :eek:

OLED is absolutely stunning. Next level ****. :D

NO Mini-LED/QLED/LCD can't match an OLED for it's Ink blacks & IQ:) but was you playing the game Vermintide 2 in a dark room! That would even be better;)

Soldato
Are the new models going to be a sufficient upgrade over the current to warrant the extra cost? I just ordered the 65" CX which is arriving next week and it looks an extra £700 (£1,799 vs £2,499) for the new model based on current prices. I actually paid £1,673 using my 7% Currys discount through work but assuming Currys would sell for the same price as Richer so could get the same discount on the C1.

£700 or 40% more feels like a lot to me given that I would think we're at a place of diminishing returns for TVs, but I haven't bought a top of the range TV ever so I'm not very close to the TV market and would be interested to hear what others are doing.

Nah i wouldn't imagine its worth that much of a price difference but for the 48 inch its only around 200 diff

Caporegime
FYI guys, my 15m Ruipro 8k cable should arrive tomorrow. Really interested to see if it works as well as people have reported within giving full HDMI 2.1 features over that long distance. Ok it wasn't cheap at £150, but the thought of having 4k120hz Gsync gaming on my 65" CX is getting me very excited. Witcher 3, RDR2, Jedi FO, Tomb Raider... all of these graphically amazing single-player story-driven games that I can play with a PS5 pad are just going to look and play so amazing. :eek:

I am expecting some teething issues getting it all running smoothly, but hopefully nothing too annoying. :o

Soldato
I've used their previous fibre 4k 60hz model at that distance for over a year now with no issues

Suggest testing it before running the actual cable if going in walls etc. My first one didn't actually work, but second one has been faultless.

Caporegime
I've used their previous fibre 4k 60hz model at that distance for over a year now with no issues

Suggest testing it before running the actual cable if going in walls etc. My first one didn't actually work, but second one has been faultless.
Thanks for the feedback chap. Luckily its a 2 minute job to run the cable around my bedroom and through a hole into the living room so I will just do that then go for gold. As long as they have sent me the correct newer 3C revision cable it 'should' be ok. :)

Caporegime
Well guys, the 15m Ruipro 8k 48Gbps cable is here and works like a charm... I hooked it up to my 65" CX and it works perfectly with no faffing around. I simply dialled in the settings and now I have 4k120, 10-bit HDR. Most games I have so far tried (Vermintide 2, Witcher 3 modded, Jedi Fallen Order run maxed out at 4k between 80-120fps except RDR2 fully maxed out (35-40fps in heavy snow on an RTX3090 lol) and Control with RT and DLSS enabled which is between 60-80fps. :)

I don't think it gets much better than this... I may have achieved peak gaming *wipes tear from eye*. :o

Last edited:
Soldato
Well guys, the 15m Ruipro 8k 48Gbps cable is here and works like a charm... I hooked it up to my 65" CX and it works perfectly with no faffing around. I simply dialled in the settings and now I have 4k120, 10-bit HDR. Most games (Witcher 3 modded, Jedi Fallen Order run maxed out at 4k between 80-120fps except RDR2 fully maxed out (35-40fps in heavy snow on an RTX3090 lol) and Control with RT and DLSS enabled which is between 60-80fps. :)

I don't think it gets much better than this... I may have achieved peak gaming *wipes tear from eye*. :o

Tempted to give RDR2 another play on series x with LG cx, I don't think there is any graphical improvement from last gen, but it does look stunning on oled.

Associate
You can say that again. I'm currently half way though on a series X and 55 BX. Looks absolutely stunning. Often find myself just wandering out to nowhere and taking it all in. Everywhere you go. It's a masterpiece of game design. Visually at least.

Can't believe I ever doubted the magnificence of gaming on an OLED TV. It's a phenomenal experience. Game changing.

Soldato
Should be pulling the trigger on a 55cx by mid April. Is the price likely to drop lower than the £1199 that most places have it for? Probably going for richer sounds.

Current tv is a 46 inch Samsung 3D model from 10 years ago. Lasted well but noticeably dimmer/darker now.

I'll eventually need an AV upgrade as current one doesn't to atmos or 4k but will need to use it for now using arc.

Associate
I'm using an LG CX 55 with my PS5. Different picture mode settings can be applied to different HDMI outputs but I'm only using one output for the PS5. Is there a way to make it automatically switch to movie and gaming picture mode settings depending on what type of media I'm playing? If not, is there a general setting that's ideal for movies and gaming?

Soldato
Can send you settings for gaming SDR, gaming HDR, general TV/movies HDR and general TV/movies HDR.

Drop me a message in trust.

Back
Top Bottom