LG Flatron M227WD - 1080p TV/Monitor mini review

Associate
Ah thank you! I did actually mean 1600x900, I was being a bit dense :o I just hear sometimes that if you don't play at native res on some screens the image can be blurred as it doesn't display properly.

But after that rousing recommendation I'm now even more sorely tempted! I was thinking the Dell 2209WA or the LG...the higher res or the higher quality. Damn consumer choice :D

Associate
anyone use these for the 360/ps3 yet? hows it look etc

might be buying one in a couple of weeks, ocuk should stock them

Tried the PS3 yesterday, PQ looks spot on. This TV/monitor seems be a great value all rounder for peeps who want to plug their PC/PS3/360 into one display.

13062009457.jpg

13062009454.jpg

Sorry the pics don't do it justice, taken with my Nokia N96.

Associate
thanks...

Thats exactly what I'm doing, I've got an HDMI to DVI adapter on my graphics card and a HDMI/DVI cable (it was cheaper than the straightforward DVI cable).

Whoops. I'm a little slow, I guess. If you have a HDMI/DVI cable, why don't you just plug the HDMI connector to the HDMI socket on your computer (and the DVI connector to the monitor)? Why would you need to add a HDMI to DVI adapter to your graphics card? :confused:

My netbook has an expresscard slot but why would I want to put an HDMI to DVI adapter in it if a cable, attatched to the netbook's HDMI connector, does the trick? :confused:

It works absolutely fine, just remember there will be no sound transferred to the TV though, HDMI carries audio and video but DVI only carries the video.

What do you do for sound? An ordinary audio cable with two minijacks?

Thanks again.
:)

Associate
Whoops. I'm a little slow, I guess. If you have a HDMI/DVI cable, why don't you just plug the HDMI connector to the HDMI socket on your computer (and the DVI connector to the monitor)? Why would you need to add a HDMI to DVI adapter to your graphics card? :confused:

My netbook has an expresscard slot but why would I want to put an HDMI to DVI adapter in it if a cable, attatched to the netbook's HDMI connector, does the trick? :confused:

On my 4850 I have only two DVI outputs and it came with adaptors to VGA and HDMI, so not all cards have HDMI output: some need adaptors to output HDMI

What do you do for sound? An ordinary audio cable with two minijacks?

Thanks again.

The Monitor comes with an audio cable with two minijacks which goes from your soundcard to the input on the back of it

Last edited:
Associate
thanks a lot thepigf@rmer:)

might just use it for my 360/ps3, looks pretty nice tbh

after you connect your console of choice through the hdmi port go to advance settings & set the FRESH CONTRAST & FRESH COLOUR TO HIGH & the picture will blow you away guaranteed.probably best monitor for hdmi consoles money can buy.

Associate
Could someone who has this monitor please explain how it is like when using as a TV, is it a good TV to watch freeview on. I want to use the monitor mainly for 360 and TV, i don't really have a desire to connect up the computer to it, so i am worried i will be disappointed with it's TV capabilities, plus, when using a monitor people sit close to screens so does this look good from a few meters away like a TV would, i don't want to sit to near the screen like i do when using computers.

Thanks. :D

Associate
OP
Could someone who has this monitor please explain how it is like when using as a TV, is it a good TV to watch freeview on. I want to use the monitor mainly for 360 and TV, i don't really have a desire to connect up the computer to it, so i am worried i will be disappointed with it's TV capabilities, plus, when using a monitor people sit close to screens so does this look good from a few meters away like a TV would, i don't want to sit to near the screen like i do when using computers.

Thanks. :D

I sit about 7 feet away when watching normal TV, no problems whatsoever. The digital TV listings are very sharp, easy to navigate and has all the usual features like favourite channels, auto timer, quick view on the remote to swap between last two channels viewed. Really, for the price the features are really generous.

Associate
thanks elpedro, ur review made me buy one aswell, shame I got ****** with the price though.

260 euro (223 Pounds)

anyway the tv is great, my pc graphics have improved and so has my fps (Huh?)

also getting my xbox360 soon, with an hdmi cable, I bought an hdmi-hdmi cabel , Im guessing its the one I need?
also, if I connect my 360 with hdmi , do I need to connect the other cables aswell, or is only the hdmi cable good.

Greeting from The Netherlands.

Last edited:
Associate
I have purchased this monitor for use with my xbox 360. Using an HDMI connection but could use some advice on how then to utilise my speakers rather than the monitor's sound system. Could anyone tell me the best way to connect my speaker system as the audio out port is quite different to the audio in port? Do I need another cable - I have 2.1 speaker system?

Associate
OP
I have purchased this monitor for use with my xbox 360. Using an HDMI connection but could use some advice on how then to utilise my speakers rather than the monitor's sound system. Could anyone tell me the best way to connect my speaker system as the audio out port is quite different to the audio in port? Do I need another cable - I have 2.1 speaker system?

Either use the optical audio out on the back, or the standard headphone jack on the side

Back
Top Bottom