LG G3 **discussion**

Caporegime
i seen it in white which gives me hope its rgb. if its there even if its not rgb i still want this phone

it really is a cut (in appearance) above the rest imo

Man of Honour
3GB is supposed to be on the 32GB so just get the 32GB?

If those screen on times are true and not just a video playing with no other accounts syncing, cell activity and so on, you know, actual smartphone stuff, then it should be a nice step up from other high end phones like the Note 3.

Soldato
3GB is supposed to be on the 32GB so just get the 32GB?

Depends if the 32GB is actually available here on time and at a reasonable price. The general expectation is that only the 16GB version will be available at launch, with the 32GB model potentially being released at a later date :(.

Soldato
If those screen on times are true and not just a video playing with no other accounts syncing, cell activity and so on, you know, actual smartphone stuff, then it should be a nice step up from other high end phones like the Note 3.

I greatly suspect that is the case. Airplane mode playing a video probably.

6 hrs is just a bit too good to be true for "normal" cell-based usage.

[edit] I take that back. Looks like he's on LTE, WiFi off, but sync enabled. Obviously don't know what accounts are being sync'ed, but you'd assume at least his Google account. That's fairly impressive!

the guy tests streaming on-demand video through his carrier's LTE-A network, but keeps the phone in portrait mode, and often interrupts the test to see the battery percentage left. Still, he also tests the G3 endurance at the screen's full brightness, and clocks 7 hours and 47 minute of screen-on time out of the handset. The result is an hour and change higher than the previous test, as when you view the video in portrait mode, the adaptive frame rate tech likely kicked in for the static part of the image, thus helping the phone last longer than in the usual landscape mode that videos are watched in, and batteries tested.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The most I've managed on the Note 3 has been 5 hours screen on time with nothing disabled and a mix of wifi and a couple trips around town then back home. Surfing, video playing, music in the car via bluetooth etc. That gave me 25 hours of life from one charge too.

The moment I go to work where cell reception is not always in the green the battery life dives when the phone starts getting used and I average 17 hours or so with around 3 hours screen on time.

I imagine the G3 will be no different here. put it to actual real world use and it's inline with the competition instead of being unbelievably better.

Soldato
Really want this phone but can't justify it really seeing as I bought a One M7 back in feb and its more than capable of everything I do.

I need to try this phone out really and see if I could cope with the size.

Back
Top Bottom