LG G3 **discussion**

Caporegime
Never had a water damage issue myself

Only possible use I could see for it would be music in the shower haha
Else.. Not a factor at all in my decision

Associate
For those who are interested German rainforest has all the LG G3 variants up for pre order - including the 32GB / 3GB ROM.

I've pre ordered the white version as it makes a change from the black / metallic looking one.

If you purchased this phone from Germany then went to boot it up for the first time, would you have to run through the setup process in German or would it change the the default language of the phone depending on the SIM card inside it?

Soldato
Nice one stoosh, the difference is only 50 euros so deffo worth the extra for the 32GB/3GB.

Exactly Mate, it's not much of a difference at all and makes it a no brainer really.

Plus it's even more of great purchase since it's from our fav store - Rainforest!

@eternity The G3 would boot up in German however it can easily be changed to the UK in the drop down menu as you can change the language on set up literally from the first stage of setup.

I bought the G2 32GB from German Rainforest and it booted up in German but that wasn't a problem.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm glad they haven't waterproofed it also as I've survived this long without having an extra bulky handset covered in flaps. My S3 has even been dropped in the bath by my daughter whilst watching Peppa pig, whipped it out, put it in rice and all is good

Associate
On screen buttons is a let down though, have always preferred them not to leech my screen real estate.

They really should have made it with off screen buttons :( + physical home button.

offscreen_buttons.jpg

kbc

kbc

Associate
The 32GB may not be coming to the UK? I didn't know that. The 3GB RAM on the 32GB is far more attractive. :( So people are instead pre-ordering the German 32GB instead?

Soldato
The 32GB may not be coming to the UK? I didn't know that. The 3GB RAM on the 32GB is far more attractive. :( So people are instead pre-ordering the German 32GB instead?

Yep...I did the same for the LG G2 when the 32gb was an O2 exclusive and have now pre ordered the G3 on the German Rainforest site.

It was that or buy a Korean G3 from ebay.

Soldato
I for one am glad LG haven't made this waterproof with silly flaps over ports and a larger bulkier design.

The flaps would drive me nuts.

I've survived this long without waterproofing, I'm sure I'll be ok without it.

There's plenty of other phones out there with waterproofing if that's your bag.

I was saying this to my friend after he bought the z2 and he pointed out that you don't have to lift the flaps for charging. I for one would suffer having flaps if it meant the phone was waterproof even if I had to use them.

kbc

kbc

Associate
Yep...I did the same for the LG G2 when the 32gb was an O2 exclusive and have now pre ordered the G3 on the German Rainforest site.

It was that or buy a Korean G3 from ebay.

Hmmm.... I assume the German version will be OK for UK use such as 4G as stuff? Why is a 32GB available in Germany but not UK? What colors are people ordering?

Has anyone seen a full review of this, can't find anything on YouTube for a proper review. Just waiting for GSMArena to do one.

Soldato
OP
I was saying this to my friend after he bought the z2 and he pointed out that you don't have to lift the flaps for charging. I for one would suffer having flaps if it meant the phone was waterproof even if I had to use them.

I would be happy enough with pogo pins - but not happy with a bulkier design.

Flaps would also help to ruin the clean design of this phone.

Has anyone seen a full review of this, can't find anything on YouTube for a proper review. Just waiting for GSMArena to do one.

Give it another week or 2.

Soldato
Hmmm.... I assume the German version will be OK for UK use such as 4G as stuff? Why is a 32GB available in Germany but not UK? What colors are people ordering?

Yes the German version will work perfectly fine for the UK, my G2 was German and it worked perfectly well.

It's because apparently retailers think "that there won't be demand for a 32GB version" hence why they won't stock it. The same thing happened with the Moto X.

so is the 32gb 3gb def not coming here?
or more rumour?

Websites suggest that the 32GB /3GB version is not being released here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom