LG G3 **discussion**

Man of Honour
I'm really considering this now having seen it has a laser focusing system for the camera and retains all the other good features I've liked in Samsung's camera app and then some.

Hmm when's this out then... :D

Caporegime
start of july i think.. ill wait a while as always as i have been bitten before by early adopter syndrome
- pay more, get a borked product - looking at you samsuck

Man of Honour
Yeah but this is LG :D

I notice a few posts about buying the German version, I have no problem with this having recently bought an LG monitor from Germany and it only worked out £30 dearer at the time though now the UK price has gone up so it didn't cost anything extra at the end of it.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah but this is LG :D

I notice a few posts about buying the German version, I have no problem with this having recently bought an LG monitor from Germany and it only worked out £30 dearer at the time though now the UK price has gone up so it didn't cost anything extra at the end of it.

You can preorder the 32gb version from the german jungle.
599 euro = about £487
July release.

Soldato
AFAIC, LG and Samsung are cut from same cloth... I don't really rate either of them for their build quality etc.

Sure, LG are innovating a lot more and making more attractive devices currently, but that's because they need to catch up with Sammy.

It would be nice for them both to reach a sort of parity so that they keep each other honest...

Associate
I've heard some differing reviews about this handset even though it looks like a killer on the spec list.

@mrk, I also heard that the laser focusing is great but only really for subjects up to 40cm away.

Man of Honour
What's the differing reviews? I'm interested in it in part because of the spec vs price and the ppi of the screen means legibility zoomed out on websites should be great as well.

That and it's a bit of a change from the usual Samsung and AOSP stuff I'm used to :0

Caporegime
I've heard some differing reviews about this handset even though it looks like a killer on the spec list.

@Mrk, I also heard that the laser focusing is great but only really for subjects up to 40cm away.

Yes.. What reviews? Where are the negatives? And what was found to be negative vs the competition?

Personally in this handset what grab me is

Screen size to handset size ratio
Design
Build quality
Screen quality
Camera
3GB RAM
Sd card

Only real thing that for me is unknown is camera And screen quality Surely everything else is almost absolute.
How is the camera in X situation? Ie the dark
How is the screen in bright light?

It's not going to be slow
It looks how it looks
Screen size to phone size is known

Soldato
OP
Need to know what actual real world battery life is like first to answer that properly.

Scale any improvements in screen power consumption down to 1080p and even back down to 5.2" (only reason they went 5.5" was for QHD IMO).

We would have had better batterylife - by how much I don't know but at a guess it would be noticeable.

Permabanned
Have these two and I much prefer the G2 to the S5, S5 specs and Camera trumps the G2. Just prefer the LG though.

Cant wait for the G3, should be a nice upgrade from the 2 :)

20140604_100256.jpg

Permabanned
Yep the LG is a much more pleasing phone to look at and use, not sure what Samsung did with the s5 but its a bit meh, was excited getting it but what a let down.

Soldato
I bought the LG almost due to it's bezel/screen ratio alone. All the reviews pointed towards m7 but I'm so happy I chose the G2. Pokerking's photo demonstrates it so well, the GS5 came out 7 months later and looks about 2 years older in design terms.

Back
Top Bottom