LG G3 **discussion**

Associate
Just got the G3 after my 3 week old nexus 5 packed in,
Whats going on with the screen , ebay app only has enough to show 3 things my old z ultra with less pixels used to show 5 or 6 ( my missus's moto g 2nd even shows more ).
Same with other apps like tapatalk and facebook , it shows way less content.
Thought I had mistakenly enabled some accessibility mode for the blind.

Soldato
I have just been given an iphone 5 and it gets at least 3 bars signal in my house where as the G2 & G3 struggle to get any at all on the same network.

It's a shame as apart from this I find the G2 & G3 to be great phones..

Soldato
The bars are a meaningless.

It's better to compare the actual signal strength in dBm.

The G2 & G3 both drop the signal in weak areas and take ages to recover. I can manually do it by turning on then off flight mode but it drops again after a while and looses signal. The iPhone Keeps a constant signal albeit it fairly weak but it does not drop the signal all the time.

Associate
Just got the G3 after my 3 week old nexus 5 packed in,
Whats going on with the screen , ebay app only has enough to show 3 things my old z ultra with less pixels used to show 5 or 6 ( my missus's moto g 2nd even shows more ).
Same with other apps like tapatalk and facebook , it shows way less content.
Thought I had mistakenly enabled some accessibility mode for the blind.

Sorted , rooted and installed textdroider to change dpi to 538 , much much better, ebay app now shows 5 things.
only problem now is Barclays app doesn't work on a rooted phone.

Associate
My G3's vibration motor has given the ghost i think. I was thinking this week why i've not been getting notifications and missing calls.

Went into the diagnostic menu and performed the vibration test, nothing!

Looks like its going to have to go back to amazon.de

I think this time i'll try and ask for a refund, this will be the second replacement since I got the phone in October last year!

Has anyone got any ideas? I kind of cba to go through the returns process again. Thanks in advance

Soldato
Is it worth getting g3 now? Got 20% off ebay code and got my g2 so cheap that i will prob sell it for the same now as when i bought it new.

Associate
can any G3 owners point me or link somewhere that sells a cable to connect the phone to tvs or better to get a chromecast or similar ? I did some research ending up getting a cable of the bay and surprise surprise didn't work .

Soldato
I'm not a g3 owner but I would recommend either a chromecast or similar. I have 5 chromecasts in the house although I have moved to nowtv boxes as a better solution for 2 of the tvs

Soldato
Had this phone since December and will be ditching when the new iPhone comes out. I've always had android but fancy something different now, I have an iPad and really enjoy iOS. Also, this phone is laggy and the battery life is awful. I think the G2 was a better phone, I only got this one because the G2 developed a yellow tint down the left side of the phone.

Soldato
The G2 & G3 both drop the signal in weak areas and take ages to recover. I can manually do it by turning on then off flight mode but it drops again after a while and looses signal. The iPhone Keeps a constant signal albeit it fairly weak but it does not drop the signal all the time.

I'm getting this all the time just recently. I'm on 3 and generally get a good signal but when it goes it can take ages to recover even in known good signal areas.

Associate
Anyone know how to change the app drawer icon back to the circle with 6 dots , looks quite sad like this.
Stock unrooted rom but using ADB to change the dpi to 540 from 640.

Associate
Don't know if anyone's interested but you can get a LG G3 D855 32GB/3GB RAM for £168 delivered here. Despite being a foreign seller it'll actually be delivered by Royal Mail from Southall(tracked/signed for service), so no customs charges(message them to select colour). :)

Back
Top Bottom