1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG GSA 4167

Discussion in 'Optical Storage & Writing' started by vanandjuanunited, 18 Jan 2006.

1. vanandjuanunited

Soldato

Just bought the drive below. Usually stick with NEC but decided to try this one.
    LG GSA-4167BRL 16x16 DVD±RW Dual Layer ReWriter (Black) - Retail (CD-036-LG)
    There are many devices on the market that are able to read 2 formats but LG's Super Multi Write drive will read all 3 DVD formats, DVD+R, DVD-R and DVD-RAM.

- DVD+R 16x, DVD-R 16X
    - DVD+R9 4X, DVD+RW 4X
    - DVD-RW 4X
    - Read 16X, CD-RW 24X, Read 48X
    - Access time 160ms
    - Buffer Size : 2MB
    - DVD RAM Media
    - DVD-R Media
    - Mounting Screws & Cable
    - Nero Software Suite
    - 2 year manufacturer warranty

However does not include media as stated above. Apart from that its an excellent drive. Managed to get 10 dvd ram discs for £20 elsewhere.

2. csber3

Associate

Hi,

i was looking to get this drive as well but I was wondering what your experience of it has been so far? Also you said it does not include media, did you mean the Nero software or something else?

Cheers

3. Simian

Sgarrista

I think he meant 1x RAM disc and 1x -R Disc...

Great Drive!... But it won't read/Write RAM discs in caddies!...

4. csber3

Associate

cool. i noticed on the lg website that its listed as GSA 4167B. Is there a difference between a model with a B and one without?

5. Amp34

Caporegime

one is black and the other beige. I have this drive and it seems pretty good, all i can say really. It works.

6. Superficial

Mobster

its a better reader than most out there - had a really scratched dvd that wouldnt play for love nor money and this drive plays it no probs.

- Supe

7. sunama

Capodecina

How do the dvd-ram disks perform on this drive? Are they reliable? And also have you tried using 5x dvd-ram disks on it?