LG HDR 4K FREESYNC & ADAPTIVE SYNC GAMING/PROFESSIONAL HDR10 MONITOR NOW AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER!!

OcUK Staff
HI there

I have gained the exclusive rights for the first several batches of LG's first HDR10 monitor with potential for exclusivity for the whole of 2017:-

LG 32UD99-W 32" 3840x2160 IPS 4K HDR 60Hz Professional WideScreen LED Monitor - Black @ £959.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/LG-3...l-WideScreen-LED-Monitor-Black-MO-14J-LG.html

32UD99-W, 3840x2160 Resolution, 50,000,000:1 Contrast Ratio, 5ms Response Time, 550 cd/m2 Brightness, 2x HDMI 2.0 Input, 1x Display Port, Freesync support, HDR10, 2yr Warranty.

Only £959.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

It is a totally stunning piece of kit and though aimed more towards professionals or someone who just wants an incredible display it is also very much ready for gaming with FREESYNC and Adaptive SYNC support out the box.

We expect our first delivery around June 9th 2017 and LG are informing me the stock will be pretty tight so as always with a new monitor technology it is adviced to place a pre-order and get yourself early in the queue system. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Sexy...will be ordering one :) push for 3 year warranty?

LG have being 2yr since forever, seems to be something they won't budge on, in the USA they are 1yr. Would be nice to have a 3yr or even extended 5yr option because their kit is top quality but I think for so many manufacturers 1yr/2yr is just the normal.

I was discussing with HP a few days ago about laptops and monitors, they are all like £1000 plus and then I see 1yr warranty I was like, are you serious, LOL!

Soldato
Hmm freesync.... question is does RX VEGA make this worth while. Think I will wait to see if the GPU exists to power this thing.

That is the million dollar question... it's a rather pointless purchase (for gaming anyway) if the answer to that is no, but I suspect Vega will be a decent 4K performer based on what info has been seen so far.

Associate
Not too shabby. Almost the perfect monitor, it's only missing high refresh rate for those times when one might want to run things at lower than native resolutions and the smaller size might make things tricky with navigating Windows with a 4k resolution. I look forward to more monitors joining this one for HDR and 4k FreeSync. Though it does appear that currently, HDR is a costly premium for PC monitors. I wonder what will happen once it becomes more mainstream?

Soldato
Hiya

it is RTB and done directly with LG

I am pushing to get our warranty on higher monitors changed

dan
LG 43UH668V Smart 4k Ultra HD HDR 43" LED TV £499 and a lot of tvs have 5yr warranties. This monitor almost £1000, now I know they are not the same and the tvs have been around longer but.............come on.

Or this 40" Ultra HD 4K HDR LED Television - TX-40EX700B with a 5yr extended warranty. 2yr warranty for that sort of investment is not on.

Last edited:
Soldato
LG 43UH668V Smart 4k Ultra HD HDR 43" LED TV £499 and a lot of tvs have 5yr warranties. This monitor almost £1000, now I know they are not the same and the tvs have been around longer but.............come on.

Or this 40" Ultra HD 4K HDR LED Television - TX-40EX700B with a 5yr extended warranty. 2yr warranty for that sort of investment is not on.

The LG rep will probably confirm this but it will all be to do with the panel. I doubt both those TV's come anywhere near 5ms response time whereas this panel will be designed for Design/CAD/Photo/Video editing PC's and low response times hence the price hike and the premium you pay for such a monitor. Both TV's will be fitted with a mass produced panel

With regards to the warranty it will be the TV's panels are mass produced and hence the quality control will have been established due to quantities produced. With monitor panels it might be a different production process with limited numbers (hence the available supply above) which as we all know who have purchased monitors in the past couple of years its a bit of a lottery whether you get a good one and the manufacturers know this which reflects in the warranty. They just dont admit it. Have a read at the monitor thread.

Last edited:
Soldato
ignore - still cant get hang of this new forum.
I agree with everything you say mate and for me it makes it worse, no reliable panels out there which makes buying the above monitor, with the paltry 2yr warranty, too much of a risk. Not that I would spend that kind of money on a monitor, my 4k 60Hz screen cost me just over £200 3yrs ago and is still going great the warranty is gone but I have had my moneys worth.

Soldato
I think it might also be to do with the monitor you bought not heard many bad things about AOC and that monitor you have got rave reviews I was so close to getting it myself but I wanted to try a 1440p panel and splashed the cash when I was quite flush.

Associate
Freesync on a 60Hz monitor sounds like marketing to me, unless it goes down to 30Hz; anything higher e.g. 40Hz+and the range is just not worth it in practice.

I agree on the warranty though, on a £1000 monitor a good warranty definitely is a major selling point.

Associate
Company that offers only 1 or 2 years of warranty is not confident in their own product. As for displays I prefer to buy a tv with 6 years extended warranty as we dont buy it for a year and resell value of them is very low.

Associate
What I don't get is that it's announced as having HDR10 support, but at 550 and a static contrast ratio of only 1300:1 (found on LG's product page for this display) this doesn't even begin to approach the needed specification. HDR images on this monitor wouldn't look much different than on a high end IPS type display (eg. the Dell u2515h). If by some mirracle LG has a 384 zone FALD backlight on this display then this would begin to approach the needed specification but as they haven't said anything about one I'm very skeptical.

Also you shouldn't list "50,000,000:1 Contrast Ratio" on your product page without stating that this is dynamic contrast ratio which is found on almost every modern display, the static contrast ratio listed by LG is 1300:1 which is about right for high end IPS panels.

Back
Top Bottom