LG Nano Tv as gaming monitor ?

Soldato
So these can do (depending on what you read) either 100 or 120hz.
There are listed as Freesync Premium, so does this make them VRR compatible for newer Nvidia cards too? (They have HDMI 2.1).

I have not seen many reviews, but saw one in store today and it looked as good as anything I have seen outside of OLED in terms of colours and dark scenes (admittedly on the TV's store demo loop).
I would lave the CX48 oled, but can't run to that cost these look more in keeping with budget.

Even without G-sync compatability, surely a 100hz refresh rate is going to be useful ?

Thoughts and opinions please :)

Soldato
I have an older nano ips 55” 4K tv and it does look nice plugged into the pc, it does go to 120hz @ 1080p and still looks nice picture quality wise. 1440p and 4K are @ 60hz only over HDMI but even then it still runs smooth enough for me.

Soldato
OP
Hmm OK. I emailed LG this question:
With this TV connected via HDMI 2.1 to an Nvidia RTX3080 Graphics card, is the TV capable of reaching 120hz refresh rate using VRR ?
If not what is its maximum refresh rate in that scenario ?

And got this reply, rather at odds with what their marketing department has been pushing in regards to use as monitors for consoles/pc's.
I have had a look into this for you and I can see that this TV does not support 120Hz as a refresh rate. In theory, this TV can support up to 100Hz via HDMI, however, this will be dependant on content and compatibility as our TV's are not designed to be used like Monitors with these functions.

Soldato
Hmm OK. I emailed LG this question:
With this TV connected via HDMI 2.1 to an Nvidia RTX3080 Graphics card, is the TV capable of reaching 120hz refresh rate using VRR ?
If not what is its maximum refresh rate in that scenario ?

And got this reply, rather at odds with what their marketing department has been pushing in regards to use as monitors for consoles/pc's.
I have had a look into this for you and I can see that this TV does not support 120Hz as a refresh rate. In theory, this TV can support up to 100Hz via HDMI, however, this will be dependant on content and compatibility as our TV's are not designed to be used like Monitors with these functions.

Their comment isn't clear. Yes it's dependent to a point, but it doesn't answer the question if with a 3080, using HDMI 2.1 connection on both it and the TV, whether it hits that refresh rate at 4K? There is no reason it shouldn't. If it doesn't, there's something wrong with their spec and it can't be a 120Hz panel.

Back
Top Bottom