LG OLED55B7V price hikes everywhere??

Soldato
I had been looking to purchase this tv very soon, and also treating myself to the LG SJ9 Atmos soundbar at the same time...yet every major place has jumped up either £200 or £300! Pretty much the same hike for the soundbar too!

All the major sites changed their price 1st Feb if I’m not mistaken...Anyone understand why the sudden price change?

They were £1499 and £749 since well before Christmas!?

:(

Soldato
They're probably putting their prices up now so they can have an Easter sale where they drop the price back down to £1,499 and claim "£300 off".

Soldato
An item needs to be at a certain price for a certain amount of time before they are allowed to say "was/now". We usually see this just before the final push to get rid of 2017 models before the 2018 models roll in.
The difference this year is that the higher end 2017 models are still selling very well - the high end Sony LCD's and the LG OLED's, so the common thought was prices didn't need to drop - these items would simply sell out first.
A price hike now is "probably" going to be a good thing in a month or so time, but could be a bad thing as supply gets low and if you want, you'll have to pay the inflated prices.
Remember, the 2018 OLED's are going to launch around £1k higher than the current 2017 prices.

Associate
I was toying with the idea of picking one up this weekend and noticed the insane price hike. It's been noted on avforums that richer sounds/John Lewis will still honour the price match when you show them the same model is still for sale at £1429 at drakes displays.

Caporegime
I was toying with the idea of picking one up this weekend and noticed the insane price hike. It's been noted on avforums that richer sounds/John Lewis will still honour the price match when you show them the same model is still for sale at £1429 at drakes displays.

And Richer Sounds knock another £20 off too, so that's not a bad price at all :)

Soldato
OP
They're probably putting their prices up now so they can have an Easter sale where they drop the price back down to £1,499 and claim "£300 off".

True, never thought of that, lets hope so!

The Soundbar is £699 at PRC and the TV is £1499 at Marks Electrical - so not all places have bumped the price, but yes those that have are probably planning for a spring sale.

Oh wow, thanks for that info!

An item needs to be at a certain price for a certain amount of time before they are allowed to say "was/now". We usually see this just before the final push to get rid of 2017 models before the 2018 models roll in.
The difference this year is that the higher end 2017 models are still selling very well - the high end Sony LCD's and the LG OLED's, so the common thought was prices didn't need to drop - these items would simply sell out first.
A price hike now is "probably" going to be a good thing in a month or so time, but could be a bad thing as supply gets low and if you want, you'll have to pay the inflated prices.
Remember, the 2018 OLED's are going to launch around £1k higher than the current 2017 prices.

Thanks for the info!

Soldato
OP

And Richer Sounds knock another £20 off too, so that's not a bad price at all :)

Can this be done online, guys?

Associate
I also pulled the trigger and just picked one up from Richer Sounds. Got it for the£1429, but the sales guy was a little miffed at the price. He didn't want to give me the £70 off vouchers that Drakes were offering with the price comparison, but after a couple of minutes explaining RS's terms and conditions on their website and a point of view about the arbitrary price hike. He soon came around.

It's a lovely telly out of the box. Now to spend the rest of the afternoon fiddling with the settings.

Back
Top Bottom