LG OLED55B7V price hikes everywhere??

Soldato
Yes, what's your point?

It won't be comparable at this price range I might add.
Yes but you get other advantages like a 100 inch screen. The Lumens on these things are pretty good these days too. I have been considering an OLED or QLED for a long time now and i know that for me to get what i want ill need to drop 1500 - 2000 quid on it and then you are going into decent projector territory.... The tech in these things is getting better and better.

Soldato
Yes but you get other advantages like a 100 inch screen. The Lumens on these things are pretty good these days too. I have been considering an OLED or QLED for a long time now and i know that for me to get what i want ill need to drop 1500 - 2000 quid on it and then you are going into decent projector territory.... The tech in these things is getting better and better.

To get comparable contrast and brightness you'd have to be spending a great deal more than £2k on a projector. You're not going to achieve the blacks that you can on the oled. The tech and smart features of the TV trump a projector.

Then there is the setup particulars that you have to consider, they don't suit the requirements of my room. You also have to mess around with light control, black out blinds etc.

Sure, if all you care about is size then a projector is the option for you, but here you're trying to argue apples over oranges. A projector will suit some peoples requirements over a TV and vice versa.

Soldato
To get comparable contrast and brightness you'd have to be spending a great deal more than £2k on a projector. You're not going to achieve the blacks that you can on the oled. The tech and smart features of the TV trump a projector.

Then there is the setup particulars that you have to consider, they don't suit the requirements of my room. You also have to mess around with light control, black out blinds etc.

Sure, if all you care about is size then a projector is the option for you, but here you're trying to argue apples over oranges. A projector will suit some peoples requirements over a TV and vice versa.
Yea totally agree dude, i just think that when you consider the technology involved, historical prices and consider what you get as a raw deal regardless of specifics, projectors are getting cheaper while OLEDs seem to be getting more expensive. Just thought it was worth pointing out thats all.

Soldato
Yea totally agree dude, i just think that when you consider the technology involved, historical prices and consider what you get as a raw deal regardless of specifics, projectors are getting cheaper while OLEDs seem to be getting more expensive. Just thought it was worth pointing out thats all.

OLED's are constantly coming down in price - not sure where you've seen them getting more expensive? (other than retailers playing their sale games)

Soldato
The B8 range hasn't even been out a year. They were still quite new to the market in July when I bought my B7, for half the price it was when it launched the previous year.

Soldato
You'd still need to be spending well over £2k for a comparable projector though and the pseudo hdr is barely that.

JVC DLA-X5900, "not bad" hdr apparently. £4k

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking at oled 65" want black screen no sound system. Which model to go for?
The B8 is the best bang for buck oled from my research. C8 is better if you can justify the extra . I ended up going with a 65A8F as my friends Sony staff discount brought it down to under 1600, and I couldn't justify the extra for the 65 inch LG models at that price. The sound on the A8F is remarkable, the A9 and older A1 are apparently even better.
Hope that helps

Soldato
You looking at the model in the title yeah and not the newer version. Prc, rgb direct crampton and moore all have them at this price

Back
Top Bottom