Associate
Hi.
I have an assessment day in a couple of days for a company called Avanti Gas. The assessment day involves group and individual activities and lasts 4 hours.
The interview is for an apprentice LGV driver. I believe the job involves driving a lorry or tanker and delivering LPG. The company are funding the licence. The company require 2 apprentices.
I have passed my LGV theory multiple choice and hazard perception test, but not the practical test yet.
I currently drive a 3.5 tonne van (Mercedes sprinter I think) for a supermarket.
Has anyone got any tips or potential questions that could be asked in the interview?
Or what type of activities could be involved?
Thank you in advance.

Associate
How long do you have to be their slave for once you pass? My honest advice is, if you're quite determined, is to not put yourself in a position of being stuck with a company for x years because they've paid for your licence, I did mine myself and am so glad that I did. There are apprentice drivers where I work who have passed their test, finished their training and are doing the same job as some of the other guys for half the money. Slave labour.

Back
Top Bottom