Lian LI - Grubby :(

Soldato
Glad its been sorted, still sounds like some residue left over on it.

Unusual for Lian Li to let something like this slip through, I will keep an eye out for others.

Associate
Arghhhhhh, Sorry to have gone to sleep last night!

You are very very lucky with the brass and metal polish, normally it effects the anodised surface. (certainly does on ATCS cases)

Those dirt marks are very nasty but familiar, i had a 201 that was covered in a similar black powder, was kind of like soot dust. Have a look inside your box and see if there is any of this powder on the inside of the box.

Baby oil is something else thats supposed to do wonders with anodised alu with regard to finger marks, butnot sure how it would cope with those dirt marks!

Associate
Interesting it says on that website for cillitbang that you shouldnt use it on aluminum.I always clean off grime with just a wet cloth,then give a coating of johnsons baby oil,then buff with a lint free duster,works a treat on my 110.

Soldato
Thats very strange, i would have noticed that straight away even in the dark. Glad you got it sorted, baby oil will help it stay looking good.

Mark

Associate
OP
The reason I didnt notice it in the dark area is because you can actually only see it at certain angles with light shining on to it, the marks are actually still there after the polish though :( . Not nearly as badly however.

Associate
subzero said:
Interesting it says on that website for cillitbang that you shouldnt use it on aluminum.I always clean off grime with just a wet cloth,then give a coating of johnsons baby oil,then buff with a lint free duster,works a treat on my 110.

Remember your not using it directly on aluminium though as the Alu is anodised

Associate
Harib0 said:
Remember your not using it directly on aluminium though as the Alu is anodised

Have you still got the 111 in your collection,im sure i saw it on that popular auction site a while back,nice restoration job.

Associate
subzero said:
Have you still got the 111 in your collection,im sure i saw it on that popular auction site a while back,nice restoration job.

Yep it was on that popular place - some months back, I was testing the water, hence how i can say the market has gone down hill since christmas for the old ATCs cases. It only reached £63 IIRC but as i had a set price in mind at which i'd sell i set the reserve the same as the buy it now so i wasn't going to loose out.

Back
Top Bottom