Lian Li O11D Vertical GPU Mount that allows for bottom fans?

Associate
Hi Guys, i have been following this thread as I'm planning a build that is similar to what you have done. I have managed to get hold of an original Cooler Master V1 bracket. but I am not 100% what riser cable to get, is it worth forking out for a gen4 cable. and also, what length of cable is actually needed. I have spoken to some people who reckon 20cm is too long. Another potential issue is finding a cable where the mounting holes line up correctly with the bracket, but I suppose this issue could be easily solved with a drill..
I have found a universal 10cm 90 degree cable that supports 64gb/s which should not have an issue with gen4 speeds, but I want to know if 10cm is too short.

Sorry for all the waffle...

Associate
I am glad I saw this thread, I am looking to buy a O11D in 90 or so posts time. I'd add this riser to the order, but will probably get my CPU, mobo, waterblocks and GPU in march (corpo bonus time)

Associate
I am glad I saw this thread, I am looking to buy a O11D in 90 or so posts time. I'd add this riser to the order, but will probably get my CPU, mobo, waterblocks and GPU in march (corpo bonus time)

sorry bit late only just seen your post but the phanteks bracket is also an option in this case I’ve got mine installed no problem. Check out my last post here

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/be-quiet-500dx.18887366/page-6

for an idea of what it could potentially look like. You could possibly fit a slim rad and slim fans at the bottom with this bracket installed. I don’t really know as I’ve only got an aio for comparison

Associate
OP
Hi Guys, i have been following this thread as I'm planning a build that is similar to what you have done. I have managed to get hold of an original Cooler Master V1 bracket. but I am not 100% what riser cable to get, is it worth forking out for a gen4 cable. and also, what length of cable is actually needed. I have spoken to some people who reckon 20cm is too long. Another potential issue is finding a cable where the mounting holes line up correctly with the bracket, but I suppose this issue could be easily solved with a drill..
I have found a universal 10cm 90 degree cable that supports 64gb/s which should not have an issue with gen4 speeds, but I want to know if 10cm is too short.

Sorry for all the waffle...
I'm not sure about the lengths but a gen 3 works just fine. I have the same coolermaster mount as you and am using the generic riser cable that comes with it with my 3080 and there are no bottlenecks from what I can see when I've ran various benchmarks. The only thing with the V1 mount is that if you have high clearance RAM such as the corsair vengeance pro rgb, the GPU will have to 'lean' a small bit on the ram. But that hasn't caused any issues for me whatsoever...

Caporegime
Is anyone using the official Lian Li vertical mount? I have one in order but also have three 120mm Uni fans at the bottom of the case. Does anyone know if this will fit?

Associate
Is anyone using the official Lian Li vertical mount? I have one in order but also have three 120mm Uni fans at the bottom of the case. Does anyone know if this will fit?

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere you can’t use bottom fans if you use the Lian Li mount as there’s a support arm/bracket that you have to attach to the bottom of the case which takes up the first two fan mounts. I think that’s why a lot of people prefer to use the Phanteks or Coolermaster brackets instead as they still allow you to use the bottom fan mounts, and in your case with those beautiful uni fans you surely going to be able to see those?! lol

Associate
I have one and have loads of room but I am using the O11D XL.

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere you can’t use bottom fans if you use the Lian Li mount as there’s a support arm/bracket that you have to attach to the bottom of the case which takes up the first two fan mounts. I think that’s why a lot of people prefer to use the Phanteks or Coolermaster brackets instead as they still allow you to use the bottom fan mounts, and in your case with those beautiful uni fans you surely going to be able to see those?! lol

The bracket attaches to the side, not bottom, as in, under the motherboard.

Caporegime
Sorry I didn’t update this! Ended up going with the Phanteks mount which has space for the fans but also feels secure too. A nice bit of kit.

Soldato
Is there a way to vertical mount a GPU, Bottom rad with fans? I want to put a distro plate in, but it will it work with GPU mount and bottom rad?

Edited to make sense. :)

Caporegime
Seen a few very cheap brackets. Are they worth it? Seems crazy money for what they are.
They're not cheap but the PCI-E gen 4 ones need to be made very precisely to work properly.
Is there a way to vertical mount a GPU. Bottom rad with fans? I want to put a distro plate in but it won't work with GPU mount and bottom rad?
You'd be very tight for space with a bottom mounted AIO/WC Rad and fans for them too. You'd likely be choking the airflow in a big way.

Soldato
They're not cheap but the PCI-E gen 4 ones need to be made very precisely to work properly.

You'd be very tight for space with a bottom mounted AIO/WC Rad and fans for them too. You'd likely be choking the airflow in a big way.

I'm thinking custom. So a thin rad and fans at the bottom. Vertical mount, distro next to the mobo and top rad. Will be plenty air flow. A GPU won't stop it much. It's only thin with a block on.

So. Reading the first few pages. It looks like i would need some sort of mount that's a lot higher than usual. Not far from the CPU or Infront of it, if that's a thing?

Back
Top Bottom