Lian-Li PC-011 rig photos?

Soldato
Any thoughts on distro boards? Can't decide between front of the case or tray mounted. Then there is Lian Li/EK or Barrow or Bykski. The Barrow pump with their board looks interesting too. Lots of options!

Associate
20200302-185444.jpg

Changed few bits and bobs. Will do a sticker on AIO later

Soldato
Hi Folks

Ordered one of these amazing cases from OCUK for my new build (X3900, X570 Gigabyte Auros Elite MB, 5700 XT Gigabyte Auros, etc etc).

For Fans I've gone for 6 of the Akasa AK-FN059 120mm Ultra Quiet Venom Viper Cool Fans, where I'll put 3 on the side, 3 on the base.. and then I've got a Fractal Design Celsius S36 360mm that I'll be mounting in the top.

What I wanted to ask was what people thought about the vertical GPU mount kits. Did you see much/any temperature improvements ?

Associate
Uhmm. Around the Motherboard it is Phanteks 550mm one but, around the inner perimeter of the case are not manufactured ones. I've put them together. 100led/m WS2812B in a silicone sleeve connected to the Corsair Node Pro. sorry for late reply

Permabanned
OP
What I wanted to ask was what people thought about the vertical GPU mount kits. Did you see much/any temperature improvements ?

I'm still trying to understand airflow, but wouldn't a vertical GPU have worse cooling? The intake fans at the bottom which are meant to feed the GPU are shooting air up fast the GPU intake fans which try to grab the air as it rushes past. Seems to me that would be worse?

Photo from part way through my build process.

04.18.2020-12.32.jpg

Permabanned
OP
That's the Lian-Li's. With vertical mount my temps are actually better. Compared to other cases, there's plenty of room between the glass panel and GPU fans to push the air.

Don’t the gpu fans suck air in? So in a vertical mount, they are trying to grab air as it rushes past? I suppose the outflow would be better though.

Last edited:
Associate
well. i didn't do any smoke tests that will prove i'm being right, but i'm clearly can tell that vertical mount doesn't make it worse in any way. Temp are great and aesthetics

Soldato
Quick query, or a couple please.

@orbitalwalsh do the Phanteks Halo frames fit the 140 and 120 bequiet silent wings 3? I'm tempted!

Also, with the side intakes, of the PC is up against a wall on the right hand side are these completely restricted?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom