Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic & GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce

Associate
Hi guys,

I've recently bought this case and used PC part picker to check if it is compatible with my other hardware components. It says it should be compatible with everything which all seems to fit except my GPU. When I try to plug the card into motherboard the guard at the back of the case (where you screw the card in place) seems to prevent it from fitting.

On the lian li website they seem to have a list of GPUs that will fit and some that need some kind of adapter(?) to fit properly however I cannot find my GPU on the list.

I'm just looking for someone with more experience than me to weigh on with their 2 cents on the issue.

The case: https://www.lian-li.com/pc-o11-dynamic/

The card: https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Graphics-Card/GV-N1080WF3OC-8GD#kf

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I'm not sure I know what part your referring too, this is a pic of the part that is stopping the GPU from being plugged all the way in:
https://gyazo.com/6a07cc74be99d7607f5707a52b453883

6a07cc74be99d7607f5707a52b453883

Is this what you're referring too? or is it something on the card?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Soldato
yes you unscrew and break off or just remove the bits of metal with holes in. Just the ones that block the card not all of them. Probably just the top one or two, depending on width of card.

Soldato
You take away the top black and white ones. If you had no graphics card they just block dust, with a sound card also you'd have to take out a lower one

Associate
OP
Sorry I should have clarified, I have unscrewed these but it is the part outlined in the picture that is blocking it (the part the white & black blockers are screwed into). It appears to be part of the case and can't be taken off/unscrewed.

Soldato
Looks to be the second and third covers you remove. (4.46)

Are the tapered end tabs slotting in to the case?

Post a pic with the GPU in the case, showing what is stopping it fitting.

Soldato
Yeah not sure what your issue is? As others have said, you just unscrew the 2nd/3rd backplates and remove them from the case.

Make sure your motherboard is installed on the stand offs and screwed in, then pop the graphics cards in and it'll cover the 2 backplates you just removed, then screw the GPU into the backplate area. Job done...

Associate
OP
It's not a problem with the backplates, I can unscrew those no problem. It's when I am plugging the GPU in, the part where the screws go (to hold your gpu in place) is stopping the card from actually plugging fully into the slot on the motherboard.

It's like the GPUs width is not large enough for the case if that makes sense.

Soldato
It's not a problem with the backplates, I can unscrew those no problem. It's when I am plugging the GPU in, the part where the screws go (to hold your gpu in place) is stopping the card from actually plugging fully into the slot on the motherboard.

It's like the GPUs width is not large enough for the case if that makes sense.

Can you video it with your phone and then upload it -the issue, cos we're unfortunately not getting your issue.

Associate
OP
Alright I have some time later today I can take the PC apart(it's in an old case at the moment and I need to use it for work). I'll post a video here afterwards.

Really appreciate the help here!

Back
Top Bottom