Lian Li SL120 Issue

Associate
Hi guys.

Looking for some advice here. Yesterday I completed my first build. It was a awesome experience and was extremely pleased to see that it posted first time.

The one issue I have is with my Lian Li SL120 fans. I am pretty sure that I have hooked them up to the controller correctly but no matter what I do, The L-Connect software does not find them. I am at a complete loss.

I wouldn't mind too much but they are in rainbow effect, I want to change the RGB to a static white.

Thanks for reading and any advice that I can get at all is appreciated greatly.

Associate
OP
Hi mate. Yes I have MSI dragon centre and incue. Having messed around for 2 hours unplugging and pluggin in/ changing adapters I did manage to change the lights with the software. However after shutting down and turning back on I’m back to square one! So frustrating

Associate
OP
Can you control all the rgb with one controller and software ?
No mate. At the moment I have ram, motherboard and aio hooked up to motherboard software which is msi dragon center

the Corsair ll120’s are hooked up the lighting node - software is Iocus.

Sl120 are plugged into lian li controller and supposed to be controlled through l-connect software.

Associate
OP
I have found that on every restart I loose the settings I have changed to the colours and ability to use the software. But if I unplug the usb, it then changes immediately to the colours set up in the l-connect software. I am absolutely bemused

Associate
OP
Ok so here’s where I’m at. I have found that if I quickly open the l-connect software after book the egg goes to the colour specified in the program.

mid this isn’t done in this timeframe I have no control over the fans rgb. From there i figures it may be worth disabling icier and magic dragon on startup to see if I was afforded more time to open the lian li software. Neither seemed to make a difference.

I then manually added l-connect to run on startup. This to my surprise did not work either.
Going to take a break anyway and see if I can find a solution. Thanks for your advice as always Micky.

Associate
Hey there. Got my fans today with the controller. I dont have a rgb header on my mobo so im using the usb connector.
Was setting it up and having a good time playing with it, and to my surprise, I am having the exact same issues sadly.
Rebooting completely wipes the configuration and makes the APP un-usable.
I have to unplug and replug with usb connector to make the app work again.

Did any fix come of this thread?

Associate
I messaged Lian Li customer support and this was their reply, it didn't work for me but others skimming across this thread might find it useful.

Can you try this ?

Please uninstall all the ARGB software such as MSI Dragon Center and L Connect then reboot.
Install Lconnect
2. Restart PC
3. Install L-Connect (as admin)
4 install the rest of them .
5. Run L-Connect (as admin)

When you reinstall MSI Dragon Center and to stop the issue from happening again please turn off “Control third-party RGB software” in MysticLight’s settings. Otherwise the issue would have started again after restarting your pc.

Associate
I have the same Issue. The fix with putting L-Connect into autostar seems to work for me. But instead of allways unplugging the fan controller you can also just deactivate it in the device manager and reacivate it again. This also worked for me (until the next time you reboot).

Associate
If you message LianLi customer support and ask for the software update, they may email you a small update. That has completely fixed it for me. Sorry I forgot to update.

Associate
software is a tad rubbish. Not enjoying it compared to nzxt or corsair. No option for a custom fan curve, no auto boot, cant switch away the other 3 channels if you are only using the 1 channel. Seems more of a very early beta

Back
Top Bottom