Lian Li v1000 + weirdness, psu advice needed

Associate
Hi there I got this case today, I was hoping to be able to use my hiper type r 580watt but there is just no way it will fit with all the hard disk brackets inside (and removing one of the brackets is not an option, i have 6 hdds)

I was hoping to get a reccomendation of a good PSU to suite this spec with a little more juice than required for the future please?

Lian Li V1000 +
X2 4200 @ 2.6 ghz (on zalman 120mm copper super flower)
Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3200C2PT TwinX (2x1GB) CAS2
6X WD caviar 250gb 16mb cache
2x Leadtek Geforce 7800 gtx 256mb in sli ( with 2 zalman VF700-CU Quiet Copper)
Abit AN8 32X
Sony DVD RW
Audigy 2Zs
Floppy
Silverstone fan controller

My main concern is that it allows me to use all hard disk bays, so maybe modular are out of the question, please don't reccomend a psu unless you know for sure it will fit.

Thank you.

Soldato
You would been best to post this in the Case Central part of this forum..

Ask for ocuk forum member Yewen to help you...He knows the in's and out of the v1000 case more then just about anyone else..

Last edited:
Soldato
chaparral cheers for the heads up :)

Although a new PSU would be a possible solution, how about going for the cheaper option and mounting three of the drives in the 5" bays.

What I would do; cheaper by a long shot as the Hiper is a solid PSU for most people.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Hard_Drive_Accessories.html

Look at the anthing like the anti vibration mounts or the silentmaxx drives.

Also you could do it with some shoe laces for free if you want. :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks I was going to do this, but its not really ideal, I also plan to mod the case with a window so I would like it to look nice and tidy inside LOL.

I'm just going for a new PSU.

Thinking of

Tagan TG580-U22 580W ATX2.01 2Force SLi Compliant Silent PSU (CA-006-TG) (£70.44 Including VAT at 17.5%)

FSP Sparkle FX600-GLN Epsilon 600W ATX2.0 PSU (CA-002-SK) (£82.19 Including VAT at 17.5%)

Antec TruePower 2.0 550W PSU (CA-028-AN) (£76.32 Including VAT at 17.5%)

Enermax Noisetaker 535W EG565AX-VE(W) SFMA ATX2.0 SLI Compliant PSU (CA-023-EN) (£70.44 Including VAT at 17.5%)

Can anyone verify if these will fit this case?

Any idea of my ideal wattage for my system, I'm really not sure about PSU's I guess its better to go over than under, hence the choices above are of the big daddies.

Soldato
This is where I am out of my league a bit, as I removed the cage to fit the hiper and have never needed to fit it back in!

But:

The seasonic PSU should fit in fine, all no modular PSU's should, as that is what was the case with the original V1000.

The FSP is the only one I would say may cause some issues, purely because I have never seen one in real life.

Associate
OP
So basicly any non-modular psu will be fine?

I think I'll be going for the

Tagan TG580-U22 580W ATX2.01 2Force SLi Compliant Silent PSU (CA-006-TG) (£70.44 Including VAT at 17.5%)

Hopefully that will squeeze enough juice for me.

Reason I have so much storage is because Is just due to bad habbits of hording data! My main PC also acts as a storage server for my media centre PC and I usually keep ISO of games I play for convenience (of games i legitimately own of course!) :)

Funny enough chaparral, I'm also ashamed to say I have another 2 IDE caddies with 200gb hard disks in them also. Its gone too far really, I bought this V1000 case hoping to pack it full of drives LOL, shame about this modular PSU problem, otherwise its a great case.

Soldato
Erm.

One thing to say, modular PSU's are designed to cut down on cable clutter so they dont have to acomodate people like you with 6 hard drives, only 1, so less cables.

If you are using 6 drives, you will be packing out the modular PSU, so in Lian Li's eyes you do not need modular, and you will buy non-modular.

It is not a bad design, just you don't see things in the logical, you get what you need Lian Li way :p

Soldato
One these lian-li harddrive Accessories would sort you out.

b_hdd_ex-23b.gif

Option HDD rack for 3 of 3.5" HDD (2 bays of 5.25" to 3 bays internal)
1 x 8 cm ball bearing fan with filter
Compatible with most of case

b_hdd_ex-34b.gif

Option HDD rack for 4 of 3.5" HDD (3 bays of 5.25" to 4 bays internal)
1 x 12 cm ball bearing fan with filter
Compatible with most of case

http://www.lian-li.com/Product/Accessories/HDD_Kits.htm

Associate
Is it just that the power supply is 2 long that stops it from fitting?

If so i suggest you take a look at this:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10631

Rather nifty, yet very very simple way of getting it to fit, and keeps everything tidy just as you wanted.

Think im gunna do it when i get my V2000, because i have a powerstream and im going to be faced with same problem.

Cheers...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom