Life Hacks

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Well in ten years of doing it I've had zero such incidents, so I'll take my chances thanks Dad ;).

I repeat: if plod smells beer on my breath and I've been riding sensibly on the pavement, the most he can do me for is the in-reality-rarely-administered £30 on the spot fine. Bargain considering the taxi fees I've saved.

Just because it hasn't happened yet, doesn't guarantee it won't in the future.

I won't say anything more (already off topic) but your stupidity really amazes me :p

Caporegime
Just because it hasn't happened yet, doesn't guarantee it won't in the future.

That I agree with and you're a very sensible chap, but I'll still take my chances. Maybe you are judging me by your own cycling ability? ;)

It's like saying don't walk when bladdered in case you spazz out and get run over / smash your head open.

Permabanned
Throughout every day life we all do little genius things, moments of inspiration that make something easier or more functional than it was previously. The idea of this thread is to share these 'hacks' to spread our individual tips into a collective.

I'll start the ball rolling:

1) Using Google as opposed to websites or applications to spellcheck (use the 'did you mean' correction).

2) Using your feet to lift the toilet seat (save your back :D)

3) Using your knee to lower the toilet seat without making it slam (nudge the seat down until it catches on your knee then lower your knee, it's an art)

4) Splash water on areas of 'bed hair' that refuse to go down, wait about 5 minutes and watch as your hair is effortlessly now against your head as opposed to at 90 degrees.

5) Using normal hair clippers to keep a stubble-look rather than splashing out on expesive 'beard trimmers'

6) Although I can't take credit for this one, it's genius:

1, Install a spellchecker.

2, Is this really quicker than lifting it up with your hand?

3, Is this really quicker than putting it down with your hand?

4, Ever heard of styling products or washing your hair in the morning?

5, No Wai!!!1!1 I think you're the only person to ever do that :/

6, That is the only one worthy of a mention, the rest are crap.

When you say 'lifehacks' you mean 'common sense' or 'things everyone already knows'?

Yes.

Associate
OP
1, Install a spellchecker.

No? Rofl. This isn't the 90's, son. l2adapt.

2, Is this really quicker than lifting it up with your hand?

As stated, it's better for your back, and also better for your hygine. l2read.

3, Is this really quicker than putting it down with your hand?

Back.

4, Ever heard of styling products or washing your hair in the morning?

Yes, I use them daily, and I wash it nightly. Not everyone likes to walk with a clump of **** on the back of their head.

Washing your hair twice a day is bad, another tip for you there. I'm obviously not going to go to bed with dirty hair with products in it, and get it all over my pillow, nice to know you do though. No insults
5, No Wai!!!1!1 I think you're the only person to ever do that :/

And you're the only person to present an argument in trollol-worthy manners and get it stomped on.

6, That is the only one worthy of a mention, the rest are crap.

Lucky I mentioned it then. A-thankyou.

Permabanned
No? Rofl. This isn't the 90's, son. l2adapt.

As stated, it's better for your back, and also better for your hygine. l2read.

Back.

Yes, I use them daily, and I wash it nightly. Not everyone likes to walk with a clump of **** on the back of their head.

Washing your hair twice a day is bad, another tip for you there. I'm obviously not going to go to bed with dirty hair with products in it, and get it all over my pillow, nice to know you do though. No insults
And you're the only person to present an argument in trollol-worthy manners and get it stomped on.

Lucky I mentioned it then. A-thankyou.

So going to Google, mispelling the word for Google to correct you is quicker than a spellchecker?

LoL, yes it is better for my back bending down all that way :rolleyes:

LoL, washing your hair twice a day is really bad for you OMGZ!1!!, I've done it for years and I have no problem, is that also a personal attack?

I wasn't trolling at all, you made a thread and I picked it to bits, Gilly said your ideas were crap as well, did he get called a ****?

I see you still haven't grown up Sawell so I will leave you to it :rolleyes:

Associate
OP
So going to Google, mispelling the word for Google to correct you is quicker than a spellchecker?

LoL, yes it is better for my back bending down all that way :rolleyes:

LoL, washing your hair twice a day is really bad for you OMGZ!1!!, I've done it for years and I have no problem, is that also a personal attack?

I wasn't trolling at all, you made a thread and I picked it to bits, Gilly said your ideas were crap as well, did he get called a ****?

I see you still haven't grown up Sawell so I will leave you to it :rolleyes:

Yeah, cause I'm the one picking fights over the internet :rolleyes:

roFL U so coOl m8

Associate
OP
Who has picked a fight?

Are you a bit sensitive?

newspaper.jpg

Soldato
I do some of those things sawell.

In public places i use my feet to lift and lower the seat. - Hygiene thing

I get these REALLY annoying curls on the sides of my longish hair so i need to wet them a bit and hold them down if i dont have time to shower. Although they still curl up after the shower =/ Straightners were suggested but... yeah...

Im not always in word or outlook etc so i quite often quickly type something into google and grab the correct spelling.

Soldato
Rubber band helps me open fizzy bottles, just wrap it around the cap. Works well on jars too :)

Spellchecker thing is just preference? I dont like that many plugins on my browser.

Caporegime
Rubber band helps me open fizzy bottles, just wrap it around the cap. Works well on jars too :)

on this note take jar and tap the edge of the lid on edge of a counter/cutting board 3-4 times (evenly spaced around the slid) and it will then open with no effort at all :D

Associate
OP
How is copy pasting into google more modern than installing a spell checker/dictionary into your browser?

Because I don't just use 1 device. And when I'm not using one of mine I'll likely be using someone elses, or a client's.

The common link between them all is that they'll all have a browser and they'll all most likely be setup for the net, handheld devices included. Not to mention that having a background process checking your PC for spelling mistakes constantly isn't exactly efficient, and more often than not gets in the way.

Back
Top Bottom