1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life in the UK test/exam - best way to wing it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rubberduck, 10 Mar 2020.

1. rubberduck

Mobster

Hi

As title, I am looking for some advice on the best way to pass this test with the least amount of study time i.e. maximum efficiency. Please no disrespectful replies or attempts to take this post off-topic to the usual areas of immigration etc. I am simply looking for the best method of studying to pass this exam that is the most time efficient.

Thanks

2. jaffveyda

Wise Guy

You need to read the book Life in Uk and do few tests from the test book and you should be fine.
    Questions are similiar but not identical. Took me 90s to answer all the questions 2 years ago.

3. rubberduck

Mobster

Does the book contain all possible questions that you can be asked or just a sample?

4. MikeTimbers

Sgarrista

Hard to wing the test. Very few if any Brits could pass it without reading and learning the data; impossible for a non-Brit to wing it

5. G-MAN2004

Caporegime

For something so important I wouldn't even risk it. Why would you? I've heard it's pretty difficult.

6. wolfie138

Mobster

typical. wants to stay here but doesn't want to bother learning anything about the country.

7. Feek

Commissario

Sample tests here.
    Exam 1 - 19/24 - Pass
    Exam 2 - 19/24 - Pass
    Exam 3 - 23/24 - Pass
    Exam 4 - 15/24 - Fail
    Exam 5 - 18/24 - Pass
    Exam 6 - 17/24 - Fail
    Exam 7 - 15/24 - Fail

I got bored after that. I really didn't have a clue about some of the questions.

8. Ayahuasca

Capodecina

Imagine winging a test that will have a massive impact on your life, ayyylmao

9. malachi

Capodecina

At least they made an effort to learn the local language. Cant say the same for many Brits who have been living in Tenerife for years and want to retire there.

Unfortunately you going have to do the work and study like for any other major exam.

10. chroniclard

Capodecina

lol 18/24....couple of lucky guesses. I R BRITISH!

11. Martynt74

Capodecina

Hmmm tricky one!

[​IMG]

12. wordy

Soldato

Obvious troll thread.

13. Minusorange

Soldato

Obviously the environment the amount of litter seen on footpaths

14. Mr Badger

Sgarrista

24 out of 24 for me - piece of cake. Not bad at all for a treacherous, non-patriotic remainer. :D

15. Sudden

Mobster

I did it a few years back - just read the book (I did a few weeks of skimming it here and there, not properly reading/learning so nothing stuck - then spent a few days doing it properly and then I remembered the stuff better (funnily enough :p). The practice tests help a lot, just in getting an idea of the kind of questions that come up. A lot of them are very specific for instance so you then know that you need to know exact details, rather than rough ideas. E.g. - women got the right to vote in 1919; not enough to know that it happened sometime around there, since the options you'll be given might be like 1918, 1919, 1920 or 1928. I found those quite helpful.

Remember not to use your own knowledge; just go with the book. There were questions where the book was wrong, and I knew it, but it doesn't matter, lol.

16. NoobCannon

Soldato

I thought everyone was trying to leave the uk?

17. Brizzles

Sgarrista

Those tests can't be random

Test 1 : 23/24

skipped to Test 15 : 15/24 ( that includes some lucky guesses )

18. Pawnless Endgame

Capodecina

I took the 1st test and got 15 out of 24. As a Brit. Yes people need to know when Christmas Eve is and that Wales is in the UK and who the Queen is married to, but what was the point in the rest of the questions? Do people really need to know that roast beef is an English roast? Or that the first Christian communions happened in 3rd/4th century? No, I mean, REALLY guys?

19. Bickaxe

Sgarrista

19/24. I had to ask my Irish missus on some but she stopped helping when I decided that Ireland was an UK Overseas territory.

20. tedaC

Hitman

You answered 18 of 24 questions correctly, (75%)

some of those questions are garbage... Recent Oscar winners ? who gives a ....