Light scuffs - options?

Soldato
Hi guys,

I got a new (to me) car recently and the bodywork is in generally good condition except for 3 patches where it looks like the previous owner had taken a scouring pad to it or something along those lines. I obviously noticed these before I handed any cash over but I'm just wondering what my options are around these patches.

The pictures make it look worse than it actually is but it still annoys me. In normal light it's quite faint to be fair, you'd only notice it up close and if you paid attention to it, but I'm curious about what I can do to get it sorted or at least a bit fainter.

IMG-2008.jpg

IMG-2011.jpg

Car definitely needs a clean as that makes it look a bit more noticeable too. Is there anything I can do other than get the areas resprayed? I realise it's probably hard to tell given that the light and angle greatly affects how severe it looks.

Soldato
Top picture is very light and can certainly be removed by polishing.

Lower one has a few deeper scratches but I'd say they could be vastly improved, if not fully removed.

Soldato
Yeah, I agree with Lowe. That needs some time with a machine polisher and someone who knows what they are doing with it.

You could probably mask the lighter stuff by hand but it would be temporary.

Associate
Get some compound polish I recommend halfords G3 paste and their own G3 pads, it might take some time but be patient and it will polish out.

Recently had a light collision hit my rear left bumper no dent luckily just spent 40min polishing it out and it's like brand new again.

Sent a local scratch remover paint job guy a picture and he wanted 250 to sort it out albeit I sent a picture with flash and night time. I spent a total of 14 quid.

Back
Top Bottom