lightning cable with flexible connector

Soldato
Are there any lightning cables that are flexible at the part of the cable which plugs in to the device ?
I generally use Anker cables and the quality is excellent, however kids keep snapping the ends when they are on charge.

I am aware that you can get magnetic cables with a bit that plugs in the port of a device which then connects magnetically to the cable, but I would prefer a cable that is flexible, if one exists.

Commissario
basicly they are pulling on the cable whilst the device is on charge which bends the connector or snaps it completely.
Is this when they pull the cable to unplug it?

If so, surely the answer is simple, show them the damage, explain what causes it and show them how to do it by using the plug, rather than pulling on the cable.
Tell them that if it breaks, they won't be able to use the device because it can't be charged.

The problem is not the cable, it's the way it's handled.

If it's because they're using it while it's on charge then just don't let it be used while it's charging.

You'll never get a cable that's won't be broken by repeated flexing/pulling as you're describing.

I'm not intentionally trying to come across as though I'm being nasty here but facts are facts. Things get broken when they're mishandled.

Soldato
OP
Is this when they pull the cable to unplug it?

If so, surely the answer is simple, show them the damage, explain what causes it and show them how to do it by using the plug, rather than pulling on the cable.
Tell them that if it breaks, they won't be able to use the device because it can't be charged.

The problem is not the cable, it's the way it's handled.

If it's because they're using it while it's on charge then just don't let it be used while it's charging.

You'll never get a cable that's won't be broken by repeated flexing/pulling as you're describing.

I'm not intentionally trying to come across as though I'm being nasty here but facts are facts. Things get broken when they're mishandled.
No I understand what you are saying, but the one doing the damage is 3 and she doesn't quite "get it" yet, I have explained to her
My 5YO doesn't seem to have this problem. :)

Not exactly sure how its happened (as I didn't see it happen) but 2 cables have been broken now in the same way, the metal part that inserts into the charge port has been bent/broken. both times were 3m Anker cables which aren't throwaway cheapo cables. If I ever see cables being pulled/tugged then I do explain to her but as I said she is 3 so doesn't really fully understand.

Back
Top Bottom