Limescale/acid rain stains on rubber trim

Soldato
Good evening to all, the last few months our car has these spots/stains on the rubber trim around the windows, i have tried some silicone sprays etc to get rid of them as well as washing the car real good. Nothing works, have anyone else been in the same situation and successfully treated those stains? pic follows.
https://ibb.co/hfFLvZp

Soldato
try some white vinegar or citric acid solution , this usually shifts limescale water marks,
a few times a year I usually clean the seals using a damp cloth rubbed on bar of soap, then rinse
and then re-apply gummi pfledge to keep seals supple and avoid them being ripped/stuck with frost
- back to black or silicone is not (really) the right product.

Man of Honour
Nothing really shifts those other than temporary IMO.

I've had limited success with a mixture of Showroom Shine and then Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care (other similar products will work as well).

Soldato
OP
so far i've tried with MA-FRA's faSPOILER spray and it did absolutely nothing at all. Also tried with vinegar on cotton, nadda.

try some white vinegar or citric acid solution , this usually shifts limescale water marks,
a few times a year I usually clean the seals using a damp cloth rubbed on bar of soap, then rinse
and then re-apply gummi pfledge to keep seals supple and avoid them being ripped/stuck with frost
- back to black or silicone is not (really) the right product.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom