Limoncello

Soldato
OP
How was your Waitrose trip?

On our online grocery section, the premium lemons show as unavailable but wonder if it's worth nipping to store to see if they have anything available on the shelves.

Haven't managed to get there yet, i've ended up just drinking beer after work in the sunshine which has plunged productivity to an all time low :D

Soldato
Tried it in Sorrento, really didn't see what all the fuss was about.
Sorrento is amazing, but also tourist-tastic and the shops are full of cheapo tourist limoncello for the crowds. You have to be discerning and sniff out the good places. Downside is good limoncello, like good wine or good whisky is not cheap so it puts a lot of people off.

We still have half a massive bottle of limoncello we brought back with us. I'm off to put it in the fridge for a bit. Perfect for this kind of weather!

Also don't miss out on limoncello chocolate balls. They are delicious if you like limoncello.

Edit these things. You used to be able to get them on Amazon, but not since UK split off. https://www.ninoandfriends.it/product/limoncello-centre-dragees/

Last edited:
Soldato
@Megahurtz400 did you ever make your home made stuff? How was it?

I found some in the cupboard that i got off my folks when they were having a clear out last year as they decided to rent their flat since they never come over from Spain anymore. It's pretty rubbish though and is making me want to have something decent.

Soldato
OP
@Megahurtz400 did you ever make your home made stuff? How was it?

I found some in the cupboard that i got off my folks when they were having a clear out last year as they decided to rent their flat since they never come over from Spain anymore. It's pretty rubbish though and is making me want to have something decent.

Not yet, had a mentally busy summer with work and social events so haven't had the time to properly sit down and research it!

However, I have got my hands on some home made 95% Spiritus, so i'm hoping when I do get round to it i'll be able to make some good stuff.

That or i'll be using text to speech to use the forum after going blind :p

Back
Top Bottom