Line of Duty - BBC2

Soldato
Watched the first few minutes of the first episode the other week, looked really bad. Tore it to shreds for all the inaccuracies and nonsense and left it at that.

Man of Honour
I thought it was very good, although second episode not quite so much. First episode was one of those rare occasions when my wife and I both watched it properly rather than one or both of us faffing about with our phones with it on in the background, as we seem to do with many shows these days.

Caporegime
The last episode felt a bit shark jumpy to me...

The whole business with him being under armed guard for his interview seemed off, and then lo and behold he's nobbled one of the firearms officers so he can stage a dramatic escape. She then nails a shot at considerable range on a moving target that was out of sight until the last moment... Hmm, yeah.

Still, the rest of it was good.

Soldato
That was a great series

a lot of , if not all interviews held at ac12 where under armed guard , that was a good shot though yes :p

Series 4 confirmed as far as im aware

Man of Honour
Watched the last two episodes last night, they were great and we've enjoyed the series. One of those rare series where each episode carries on being as good as the previous one.

Permabanned
Finished first series. Thought it was very good.

Gates' shot glass ruse was weak though. As if you'd believe him and even act on what he told you. You'd just destroy it, melt it down, whatever.

Soldato
I watched the first two series over the last few days on Netflix. Thought it was excellent and I'm now going to try and find series 3 somewhere. Unfortunately, Iplayer doesn't have all of the episodes any more, only the last 3.

Soldato
Series 1 to 4 Box Set being shown on iPlayer at the moment, on until mid Jan then being taken off. If you haven't seen this yet then do yourself a favour and give it a watch. It is absolute quality drama.

Caporegime
Have watched the first three series of this, overall I think it has been great I especially liked season 2. I don't doubt that people who work in or with the police can likely poke holes all over the place, but for everyone else this idea of these AC units existing in this world with "Central Police" and "East Midlands" police, seems grounded enough for the purpose of a drama.

The start of season 1 seemed a little bit contrived but meh... and got a bit silly when a female police officer can be spat on in an open office in front of a bunch of others.

edit - not sure whether this counts as spoiler or if it should be free to discuss given it is long since aired??? but just to be safe - ref season 3 end:

Likewise the random corrupt prison officers who were happy to pour boiling water over a prisoner's hands at short notice in season 2 and no real follow up to that seemed silly.

Season 3 took the Mickey a bit, the start just got ridiculous with the shoot out, it just didn't seem very realistic at all also seemingly they get forensics back instantly too.
Then it just went fully ridiculous with two random armed goons stood outside an interview room and one acts like a robot and shoots the other upon receiving a text message... that just made no sense at all, a random character we know nothing about presumably blackmailed by the caddie (who seemingly doesn't actually reveal himself to the people he's blackmailing but gives instructions on the phone) is suddenly going to execute one of his mates in cold blood after relieving a text message... and then go on the run to god knows where.... I can't imaging what you'd need to blackmail someone with in order to get them to do that, it makes very little sense as that action makes sure their life is over anyway and guarantees them facing a life sentence.

Back
Top Bottom