Line of Duty - BBC2

Soldato
Does anyone know when series 5 starts? All I see online is "Early 2019".

I enjoyed series 4, it definitely kept you guessing but probably least favorite of the previous seasons as it got overly convoluted.

Soldato
I look forward to another series of 90% closed room interviews and then a jump the shark gunfight in the final episode.

Still enjoy it though :) The "interviews" are surprisingly engaging and well put together.

Man of Honour
I look forward to another series of 90% closed room interviews and then a jump the shark gunfight in the final episode.

That was my view of that series as well. The last series was so poor I'm not even going to bother with the one coming soon. A few of us here are old enough to remember "Between the Lines" from many years Ago. Mercurio says it was enough of an influence for him to allude to it in his series' title. Except he forgot the main lesson of BtL: small is better. It was the little bits of corruption that were so brilliantly handled on that old gem; but it went to pot when the plot got big. And so it is with LoD - the over-arching "massive corruption" story is simply silly and unbelievable - and that shootout was wholely symptomatic of that.

And I also bet money that we still don't get to the bottom of it in this series either, since there's at least one more series planned. Nope, no longer for me.

Caporegime
Can’t wait for the new series.

I’ve seen some great acting performances in my time, but I don’t think I’ve heard such a flawless accent as Martin Compstons London accent. It’s superb, considering he has such a deep Scottish accent.

Caporegime
Can’t wait for the new series.

I’ve seen some great acting performances in my time, but I don’t think I’ve heard such a flawless accent as Martin Compstons London accent. It’s superb, considering he has such a deep Scottish accent.
I had absolutely no idea he was Scottish. Had always assumed without a second thought that he was a native Londoner. Impressive.

Soldato
First one of these I have seen , seems just run of the mill formulaic/telegraphed drama, paddying to 'action movie' meme, compared to say Paul Abbot's no offence, spooks, or Rebus. ... an unfair comparison. ?
- but then again I thought, was killing Eve really the pinnacle of UK tv drama, with its recent nominations.

Soldato
First one of these I have seen , seems just run of the mill formulaic/telegraphed drama, paddying to 'action movie' meme, compared to say Paul Abbot's no offence, spooks, or Rebus. ... an unfair comparison. ?
- but then again I thought, was killing Eve really the pinnacle of UK tv drama, with its recent nominations.

Don't start here, go back to season 1. There is far far too much history you don't know to be able to judge.

Saying that Line of Duty is a bit comic book at times, but I still love it.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom