Line of Duty - BBC2

Soldato
Binged season 5 over the last two days. While throughly entertaining, it's all becoming way to predictable and on the verge of cliche now.

I agree.
I also don't think it's any of the best series of Line of Duty either, it was so-so for me except Stephen Graham, he was bloody good (he's always bloody good).

Soldato
Season 3 was peak, jumped the shark a bit now.
The Meg had less jumping shark than season 5!

Earlier series felt contrived, but in a clever, compelling way. But five just felt contrived verging on silly to me, with great acting in daft circumstances. Stephen Graham put in a traditionally excellent performance as, er... Stephen Graham. (If a gobby scouser's ever needed, he's yer man!)

The final straw for me was...
when the finger thing happened. I just laughed.[/quote].

Soldato
I am watching this on Netflix and I am loving it, only two episodes left in season 4.

Any idea of when they are going to release Season 5 on Netflix? Can I watch it anywhere else?

Soldato
I hadn't heard of this until the talk a few months back so was surprised to see it was in it's 5th season. I've thoroughly enjoyed all of it, but yeah the morse code thing was a bit... erm... really?

Caporegime
Caught up on the new series today.

Goddamn it’s good TV. Just superb storytelling. Every episode though is a horrible cliffhanger that leaves you screaming for the next one.

That's kind of the point of line of duty! It's cliff hanger TV. I love it, they drag me in. Class TV!

Soldato
Filming seems to be all over the place - Birmingham and Belfast being the primary locations. It is set in Birmingham based on the post codes, locations and area codes of the phone numbers. Other half reckons her mate spotted them in London too.

Soldato
Filming seems to be all over the place - Birmingham and Belfast being the primary locations. It is set in Birmingham based on the post codes, locations and area codes of the phone numbers. Other half reckons her mate spotted them in London too.

The maps in the background of the AC-12 offices are also Birmingham areas

Back
Top Bottom