Line of Duty - BBC2

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

End credits scene sets up the season 7 shenanigans.

Friends of the chief constable are all now high ranking officers. Someone has launched an appeal for Buckles to be given imunity. If successful, institutionalised corruption will be denied and the evidence won't be heard in court.

I expect Ted will hang around in the background liaising with Kate and Steve on an unofficial capacity. Although if ^ is true, I expect him to lose his mind altogether.

Mother of God.

Soldato
I'm beginning to think Blake's Seven had the right idea, i.e. just get everyone in the same room at the end and have a massive shootout leaving no one alive. It seems ending a critically acclaimed TV series is probably the hardest thing to do in life. But I agree in think this is just another ruse to set up a final 7th series. My guess is that in the supposed final series it take place multiple years later, Kate will have to "get the team back together", Carmichael will undergo a Professor Snape style redemption at some point. Then everyone will have a massive shootout in the AC-12 car park at the end.

Soldato
End credits scene sets up the season 7 shenanigans.

Friends of the chief constable are all now high ranking officers. Someone has launched an appeal for Buckles to be given imunity. If successful, institutionalised corruption will be denied and the evidence won't be heard in court.

I expect Ted will hang around in the background liaising with Kate and Steve on an unofficial capacity. Although if ^ is true, I expect him to lose his mind altogether.

Mother of God.

Probably a result of sucking on diesel.

Caporegime
So all the other suspects like Osborne and Thurwell are actually completely innocent?

Not necessarily completely innocent but if they're ending it there then it seems like they're going for them perhaps being a part of a flawed system that allows such corruption to take place, they're interested in performance stats, making the police look good etc..

Man of Honour
Just watched the last episode tonight. I got confused by the prison van thing i.e. how Kate and Steve ended up in it, was it when the van went under the bridge?
The 'big reveal' I think was a classic case of a mystery being hyped up over a couple of years to the extent that it was always going to be a let down - the only way it could live up to it's hype would've been if one of the main 'good guys' was revealed to be H, but from a continuity perspective that would be a nightmare as there would be so many "if that's the case, then why did they do X in series Y?" paradoxes.

Carmichael is a great character, well portrayed as a complete ***** but also very smart, you could imagine her in a future series being very hard to read, capable of anything from being a political animal, to a criminal mastermind, to someone that would bring down the OCG(s). Or maybe even all 3 heh.

Agreed about the Steve/Kate interactions being a bit clunky at times, cringey "mate" etc.
Also the supply of 'expendable' grunts, during the massive street shootout I was wondering why the bad guys were prepared to see it through to the end after their colleagues had been gunned down and they didn't have a shot on the target (except the window sniper).
And that officer who just went for a knife attack in a police station on Gill Bigalowe, I mean that's pretty brazen stuff.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom